Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: What if trump isn’t held accountable?

Twenty five years ago we looked into going to Canada, but they definitely did not want older people or sick people. Period. Not sure about the investing class thing. Ireland looked good from that standpoint.

I could not leave my aging parents or my children then. Don't think Canada wants us now.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why wouldn’t your “healthcare” be an issue? You ARE talking about becoming permanent residents/citizens, right? Canada does not want old people. That is, unless you bring in a crap ton of funds, I mean really a lot, then you can (or could at one time anyway) emigrate there as a “investor class” emigrant. Although that may have had age restrictions as well.

Think you have no idea of the reality of Canada accepting you as a citizen. Selling your house is the least of it.

Many many people fling about fleeing overseas but I think Bae is about the only one here who has realistic ideas about it.
    The FIRST step of the process is to get rid of the house. I am not going into my healthcare or financial situation. I have the acuity and means to investigate the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    The FIRST step of the process is to get rid of the house. I am not going into my healthcare or financial situation. I have the acuity and means to investigate the possibilities.
    There is some kind of blood relation program, or at least there was, back when I was looking at Canadian immigration programs. Perhaps that was what your Candadian contact meant.

When I looked now under investor immigration and other programs, it looked like it varies a lot by which province you want to go to. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    When I looked now under investor immigration and other programs, it looked like it varies a lot by which province you want to go to. Interesting.
    Quebec offers the sweetest deal of the Canadian provinces, last time I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Quebec offers the sweetest deal of the Canadian provinces, last time I looked.
    One of my favorite shows on HGTV is Love It or List It

So, bae, I'm curious... you've expressed that you dislike to some degree the two parties we have, but I'm surprised that you're talking about "packing two suitcases". Are you saying that because you want to live near your daughter, or would you leave the States for political reasons? And if for political reasons, what would America have to do to get you to "love it" rather than "list it". (Same question for anyone like Rob or frugal-one who is interested in emigrating and cares to answer)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    There is some kind of blood relation program, or at least there was, back when I was looking at Canadian immigration programs. Perhaps that was what your Candadian contact meant.
    A good friend of mine moved to Canada last week to be near her grandchildren. Apparently Canada has some sort of grandparent-visa program that makes it pretty easy for her.

‘They’re not here to hurt me. Let them in.’ Spoken like someone who realized that he needed as much ‘wild’ as possible if his coup was going to succeed.

A good friend of mine and her kids and spouses are looking into obtaining citizenship in Italy. They have hired a Italian law firm who thinks they have a decent case. It’s based on my friend’s parents being citizens before coming to the US. My DIL kept her Polish citizenship when she became one here. However, her standard of living is better here even though she can’t work in her profession here since we don’t recognize her degree.

I love visiting other countries but I can’t imagine trying to assimilate into one especially if you need to learn a new language. When I was in Ireland once I got sick and couldn’t finish the tour I watched the news. They have all the same problems that we have here.

So, now we learn that the secret service deleted their text messages from January 5th and 6th. After being told to preserve them. I wonder 1) what they felt the need to hide, and 2) will the person (people) responsible for doing this be held accountable, and 3) has the J6 committee gotten access to the messages elsewhere?

https://theintercept.com/2022/07/14/...ecret-service/

Thread Information