Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: An upper age limit for the US Presidency?

  1. #11
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,028
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Considering the field in the Democratic primaries, we have to remember Biden was the least alarming choice. To me, this is one more argument against open primaries (Mr T being another). I’m a big advocate of a return to the smoke filled room.

    As someone who occasionally falls off stationary bikes, I don’t see a lack of (physical) balance as necessarily disqualifying.
    Dude, they had other, better choices. Well, maybe one or two.

    The smoke filled rooms *did* produce Joe Biden IMHO, the old pol.

  2. #12
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Considering the field in the Democratic primaries, we have to remember Biden was the least alarming choice. To me, this is one more argument against open primaries (Mr T being another). Im a big advocate of a return to the smoke filled room.

    As someone who occasionally falls off stationary bikes, I dont see a lack of (physical) balance as necessarily disqualifying.
    At least none of the democratic field were carter v 2.0. I can only imagine the rage that you would have exhibited if that were the case.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,273
    Age limits to fly a plane, but not to steer the ship of state - ??

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,540
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    At least none of the democratic field were carter v 2.0. I can only imagine the rage that you would have exhibited if that were the case.
    More in sorrow than in anger.

    Im not sure were much more than one sweater speech away from Cv2.0.

  5. #15
    Senior Member jp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    8,327
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    More in sorrow than in anger.

    Im not sure were much more than one sweater speech away from Cv2.0.
    Or one ugly orange spray tan away from trump 2.0

  6. #16
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,400
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Or one ugly orange spray tan away from trump 2.0
    LOL.

    Rob

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •