Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Costco shoppers

I have gone back to Costco to get gas, as they always have the best price + get the extra cash back with their Citi credit card. We like to go get their fresh berries and a few household items like the Cheer laundry detergent. DW likes their prepared foods, but they come in such huge quantities - for empty nesters it just isn't practical or healthy. I question whether our $ 60.00 annual membership is worth it. I really don't like to be hit up at the cash register all the time about upgrading to their executive membership...just saying...

Gregg, the only big complaint I ever sent to management was the rude (and I mean really rude) employee at the customer service? counter who ridiculed us for converting back to a basic membership. All we wanted to do was redeem our bonus check to pay for it and get a gift card for the rest.

We knew last year we had hearing aids and glasses to buy which were the only big ticket items we needed. So we carefully planned our purchases to make the most of the membership.

Have been saving just on paying cash for prescription there rather than even using our insurance. Worth checking if you take ANY meds. This alone pays for the membership. YLMV

Interesting read here. I’ve had a Costco membership for many years, for a while my daughter was on mine too, but she’s got her own now. In the beginning, I was just buying dog food. At $.89/lb it’s the best price I’ve ever found for a decent kibble. In the years when I had rescued foster dogs, it was great to be able to recommend a food to continue them on that was available at Costco. Every once in a while, I’d buy a food item or two.

In more recent years, I buy my gas there almost exclusively, as they Always have the lowest price. I also have a couple of people now with whom I can split large packages of a few foods. Still buying dog food there.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Have been saving just on paying cash for prescription there rather than even using our insurance. Worth checking if you take ANY meds. This alone pays for the membership. YLMV
    Agree. Rx savings more than pay for membership

Thread Information