Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Summer Challenge

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Yppej, that’s really weird because I don’t see how they can keep changing the rules.
    It's government of male Italians, by male Italians, for male Italians. Others need not apply in their mind.

Yppej
    Since the summer challenge began I have lost 10 pounds, double the goal I set for myself.

I should still lose 10 more to get into the healthy weight range for my height and gender.

What's worked for me is restricting the times I eat. Now I eat (and leisurely, I don't gobble) for 30 minutes a day:

10 before I go to work (skip this on the weekends if I sleep in)
    10 late morning
    10 in the evening when I get home from work

While I do not ban myself from eating any particular food, I try to focus on foods that will leave me feeling full until my next meal.

yppej, That's an interesting way to schedule meals. It seems to be working well for you. Congratulations.

Yes, good work on the weight loss.

rolled from spring:
    1. divide and rehome some of my early spring native plants and hostas to new bed, and share w/SIL for her new flowerbeds. *this may have to wait until fall, depending on the heat. have to move this to spring for various and sundry reasons
    2. finish removal of fence, posts, debris from old kennel area half-done. Need help with some large things and the fence posts will have to wait until the ground is soggy or we make a fence puller, so it's mostly done for the season
    3. removed trash trees from field ingress/egress partly done, hope to do more
    New:
    4. remove old entertainment center from an upstairs bedroom crickets from promised helpers, lol
    5. remove at least two large (something I can't carry myself, lol) items from barn and property (no fair shifting from barn to shed!) ok, I COULD move them myself but counting anyway... took two large vintage grease drums we'd used to store feed in the barn over to the antique mall. one has already sold!
    6. call at least TWO of the repair people we need and get two of our large tasks done and paid for nope. I hate doing this stuff and procrastinate like crazy

Wow, you all are doing great!! I've made some progress, slow, but still better than nothing, lol. Keep on keeping' on, right? :- )

We stained a trellis!!!! On the list since last year, so a great thing. Wet n Forget-ed the rest of the siding so the whole house is finished. Weeded the compost and more to do, but that's done.

Yppej
    It took a six hour round trip drive, but I got my mask free eye exam. They wanted me to come back in two weeks for tests but I declined.

My vision including peripheral vision is fine as well as my eye pressure, but there is some thinning of the nerves behind one eye that could eventually lead to glaucoma. I have had these tests before where you watch dancing dots of light on the screen and my eyes have not changed since then.

Depending on the tests they would then want to prescribe eyedrops. I told the doctor my confidence in the pharmaceutical industry is so low even if he prescribed the drops I might not take them.

Does anyone take these eyedrops? If so, what brand? I would like to start researching them and make sure people don't report side effects. I don't trust Fauxci and his buddies to be objective because of all their pharma royalties.

My eye benefit is every calendar year so I can go again January, hopefully closer to home from someone else so I get a second opinion.

Final List:
    Finish the epic book cull done
    Pack books going to Husband's friend done
    Empty 4 boxes in the storage unit done
    Figure out what we're going to do with the shelf in storage unit done
    Knit Cardigan done
    Keep the guest room bed clear of junk changed to staging area for Fall trip
    Have one non screen day every month done

Had September's no screen day on the 18th. Think I'm going to try it again in the Fall. Working on my Fall list, it will probably be divided into before trip and after trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Yppej, that’s really weird because I don’t see how they can keep changing the rules.
    Well, if we ascribe sincere intent, it could be that they’re trying to figure out which part of the city charter this request falls under. This would be a case for the city attorney to take on and provide the opinion. Which is only an opinion of course.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Well, if we ascribe sincere intent, it could be that they’re trying to figure out which part of the city charter this request falls under. This would be a case for the city attorney to take on and provide the opinion. Which is only an opinion of course.
    The City solicitor is a political appointee and was chosen based on his loyalty and campaign contributions to the mayor, not his legal skills. He did say he will go to the county law library and try to get help. The bigger problem is the city council president who hates my petition and has stated he doesn't think city residents are capable of picking "the right kind of people" for the Board. I am not a Trumper but when I run into elitism like this I totally understand Trumpism.

Thread Information