Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Challenge

Yppej

Summer Challenge

Through 9/21 I hope to:

1. Lose the weight I am rolling over from the summer challenge.
    2. Draft a city charter change to make the Board of Health elective rather than appointive. To avoid gathering thousands of signatures I will need to find a City Councilor to sponsor my petition and ideally that person would also help me draft this. One has volunteered an interest and another has said maybe. Both are attorneys. But they are busy so I need to gently nudge them.
    3. Fix (really, enlist DB who is willing to fix, only he has been sick) board on the side steps that is coming up. It is currently weighted down with a big rock.
    4. File a gender discrimination complaint against the City for among other things the Health Director repeatedly talking to a member of the public about her butt after she asked him not to. My city is so bad!
    5. Fully fund another year's contribution to my Roth IRA.
    6. Continue with hiking at least once per month.
    7. Scrape clear all the small scraggly growth in the yard between my nice ground cover.
    8. Continue with efforts to hold the Board of Health accountable for their actions. Recently I filed an ethics complaint with the state that may require follow up. The Chair has high ($1 million) payments from the pharmaceutical industry whose EUA products he mandated for children. Very wrong.
    9. Attend city council meetings as needed to fight tyranny. The Historical Commission is working on an ordinance to fine people $300 per day if they don't like their stone walls. That should make it to the council this quarter.
    10. Continue my efforts to find medical/dental providers who do not require masks. Burned out on this for the moment but I will get there at some point.

Happy Summer everyone!

For the Summer project:
    Finish the epic book cull
    Pack books going to Husband's friend
    Empty 4 boxes in the storage unit
    Figure out what we're going to do with the shelf in storage unit
    Knit Cardigan
    Keep the guest room bed clear of junk
    Have one non screen day every month

Probably a few things I'm forgetting and will add later
    Last edited by hana; 6-21-22 at 1:48pm. Reason: added something

Yppej
    Prepared letters to another group of NH doctors. This time I selected the starting point of my radius as Grafton, a libertarian hotbed. I also eliminated all doctors that are part of a hospital medical group, as doctors offices that have been calling me back say the hospitals make them require masks.

If I strike out again I will have to give up or pick another state farther away to try.

rolled from spring:
    1. divide and rehome some of my early spring native plants and hostas to new bed, and share w/SIL for her new flowerbeds. *this may have to wait until fall, depending on the heat
    2. finish removal of fence, posts, debris from old kennel area
    3. removed trash trees from field ingress/egress
    New:
    4. remove old entertainment center from an upstairs bedroom
    5. remove at least two large (something I can't carry myself, lol) items from barn and property (no fair shifting from barn to shed!)
    6. call at least TWO of the repair people we need and get two of our large tasks done and paid for

Yppej
    Did the weeding, #7 on my list.

Had my first no screen day, went from 10pm Friday to 10am Sunday, being at a volunteer thank you picnic that was originally scheduled for two years ago also helped. Started the cardigan and pruned my social media contacts on Sunday morning.

On to a great start

Yppej
    Also filed a city ethics complaint, after finally finding out who the city ethics officer is. He is a political appointee of the mayor and I don't think will do anything. I have more faith in the state.

Emailed the city council president and chair of the council appointments committee advising them that the chair of the committee trying to impose the $300 per day fines if they don't like your stone wall is not a city resident and asking can he be removed.

Yppej
    Contacted another councilor about sponsoring my petition.

Trying to lose the weight. I am eating a lot less but maybe retaining water due to the heat and humidity? I am down 4 pounds from my peak and my goal was 5. Can't seem to get over the final hill.

OK, I have my list. I'm not going to be too ambitious since I want to allow for some summer recreation time and also now knowing that Clay School is a bit of a time commitment. Some of these are unfinished items from the last go-round:
    • Finish decluttering Mom's second floor
    • Hang final shade at Mom's
    • Build rolling pantry
    • Clean dryer vent
    • List raincoat and denim jacket on eBay
    • Review Medicare info I've received (not eligible until next year)
    • Sort through bed linens
    • Schedule furnace cleanouts (our house and Mom's house)
    • Move gaillardias in front garden
    • Do some more organizing in the shed
    • Mending: sheet and 2 curtains
    • Prune halesias
    • Complete friend Bill's income taxes

Husband's last day in his office was Thursday, he's now teleworking until sometime next year. His building was sold and company's lease not renewed. He's at home until the company figures how to add 150 people to another building that company owns in a way that makes the Fire Marshall happy. This also means that 20+ years of stuff is on the guest room bed. Yay.

The monitor and office chair will go with us to the satellite office in the Midwest when we visit this fall.

Going to check with the usual suspects if they're taking books again, and if not start making more book lots for Buy Nothing. Think the 20+ year old college textbooks can be trashed.

Friend's students are requesting books at the top of the banned books lists, books we don't have since borrow from the library, or read them and did not finish on the grounds of being really dull. We're going to send books with similar themes and characters. The kids get to read new stuff and hopefully the writers will get free publicity and sales increases when the people with too much free time take offense.

Thread Information