Thread: Why I find the overturn so upsetting.....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Why I find the overturn so upsetting.....

I no longer have any faith that any law in America can or will last. I will never have this faith again, today America permanently destroyed it. Maybe other people can turn and look the other way - I can't. I hold myself to a higher standard.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I no longer have any faith that any law in America can or will last. I will never have this faith again, today America permanently destroyed it. Maybe other people can turn and look the other way - I can't. I hold myself to a higher standard.

Rob
    Laws are just shared agreements amongst people. They can and will change. The real problem isn't the law, or the country - it's the people.

I cut the people slack because we are fairly off center of democracy, and I don't think much that goes on represents some kind of majority will, it represents some people's will for sure, but maybe not the majority (the presidents that appointed these justices lost the popular vote even).

I mean if there is a total disaster in say something like California propositions I DO blame the people. Because it's not gerrymandered, there is no corrupt politician that was bought off and promised one thing and delivered another, it's just very clear: this is what you idiots voted for But that's not most of government.
    Trees don't grow on money

Rob, I think you and your husband might consider going down to Mexico and trying it for two years. See what you think, without burning bridges. If I had your set up, with my spouse from that country, that would be what I would be thinking of doing right now.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Rob, I think you and your husband might consider going down to Mexico and trying it for two years. See what you think, without burning bridges. If I had your set up, with my spouse from that country, that would be what I would be thinking of doing right now.
    Tybee, Thank You. This is good advice. We have been debating this. One thing keeping me here other than Mom - my job as it's not that bad a job. But I'm of the opinion that a line was crossed after Roe vs. Wade being reversed - I believe things are going to.becone uglier and more unstable now and I further believe the US will end out.splitting up.

Best to offshore myself and Mexico seems the easiest option. I think I can get Bashs's tuition reimbursement to take some Spanish to get grammar down - but how fast the instability of the US will unfold.going forward I don't know. But great advice. Thank You!

Rob

Thread Information