Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sneaky amazon

Sneaky amazon

I got rid of Prime a long time ago so haven't ordered anything in a long time. However...I recently ordered something and needed to return. In the past, returns automatically went to the credit card used which I mistakenly assumed. Now it seems the default is a gift card unless you click just the right button. Easy enough to buy things elsewhere plus I don't trust a lot of their Chinese merchandise due to past experiences. Once I use my gift card, I am done with amazon. Period.

Blech! Agreed, that is chitty.

I wouldn't be without Amazon Prime; If I didn't have it, I would have to depend on a cobbled-together amalgam of delivery services. For me, its benefits far outweigh any annoyances.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wouldn't be without Amazon Prime; If I didn't have it, I would have to depend on a cobbled-together amalgam of delivery services. For me, its benefits far outweigh any annoyances.
    Oh I agree that Amazon is pretty damn handy, but I’ve written here about how horrified I am at the number of boxes and the amount of packing material that goes with it all. I mark my deliveries for consolidation and Amazon always gives me $1 credit for that that is redeemable, not surprisingly, on the Amazon platform! With something streaming T?v or movie! Only I haven’t been able to find anything that I want to watch that seems to be on their redeemable list. Ha ha not a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh I agree that Amazon is pretty damn handy, but I’ve written here about how horrified I am at the number of boxes and the amount of packing material that goes with it all. I mark my deliveries for consolidation and Amazon always gives me $1 credit for that that is redeemable, not surprisingly, on the Amazon platform! With something streaming T?v or movie! Only I haven’t been able to find anything that I want to watch that seems to be on their redeemable list. Ha ha not a surprise.
    Yeah, I'd happily pay for a cardboard retrieval service. I try to have my orders consolidated, too.

My local recycling center does single stream recycling and takes corrugated cardboard. They also take paper products like packaging materials, but it has to be separated. That at least takes away a little cardboard guilt. Amazon has simplified my shopping and saves time hunting for things. It sometimes saves driving around, so maybe a little bit of CO@ emissions savings. I still try to give business to local businesses, but really do not see any big difference Amazon and a big box store.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    My local recycling center does single stream recycling and takes corrugated cardboard. They also take paper products like packaging materials, but it has to be separated. That at least takes away a little cardboard guilt. Amazon has simplified my shopping and saves time hunting for things. I still try to give business to local businesses, but really do not see any big difference Amazon and a big box store.
    Yes there’s a discernible difference in the amount of boxes and packing material between the product as it lives at a big box store, and the product as it is delivered to your home. Or even discounting resources that require driving it to your home. Of course that might be employed people so who knows maybe that’s a win-win.

Our city recycling program hasn’t picked up for recycling products in more than a year. Multiple reasons for this.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes there’s a discernible difference in the amount of boxes and packing material between the product as it lives at a big box store, and the product as it is delivered to your home. Or even discounting resources that require driving it to your home. Of course that might be employed people so who knows maybe that’s a win-win.
    Yes, a handful of big box stores are close to home, so it would not make sense to order from them anyway. The down side being there are big box stores close to home. I'm not generally a fan of the big box stores, but in some cases another necessary evil to make our lives simpler.

I'm not going to drive things 20 miles each way to recycle, and I'm not going to feel guilty about that.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    My local recycling center does single stream recycling and takes corrugated cardboard. They also take paper products like packaging materials, but it has to be separated. That at least takes away a little cardboard guilt. Amazon has simplified my shopping and saves time hunting for things. It sometimes saves driving around, so maybe a little bit of CO@ emissions savings. I still try to give business to local businesses, but really do not see any big difference Amazon and a big box store.
    We have that, too--it's getting the recyclables out to the curb that stymies me at this point.

Thread Information