Thread: Back yard fireflies

Back yard fireflies

I sat on the deck after sunset. 50 to 60 fireflies were flashing above the clover and beneath the spruces.

Ever since I was 5 years old, I have enjoyed the display of these insects.

Now that I have reached riper years, I like to put on music (tonight it was Perez Prado's band playing Mambo). I could watch the moving fireflies for hours.

I am sure other people were watching the news... Each to their own.

Sounds nice--wish we had those here. I remember seeing them as a kid when my family visited relatives in Illinois.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

We have them too and I love them! It might be a coincidence, but we think we've seen more of them since we started mulching our beds with shredded leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    I sat on the deck after sunset. 50 to 60 fireflies were flashing above the clover and beneath the spruces.

Ever since I was 5 years old, I have enjoyed the display of these insects.

Now that I have reached riper years, I like to put on music (tonight it was Perez Prado's band playing Mambo). I could watch the moving fireflies for hours.

I am sure other people were watching the news... Each to their own.
    I don’t watch the news dado, and I would rather watch the pretty fire flies

They popped out here last week but I haven’t seen tons of them. They really are magical. Kay, I didn’t realize fireflies don’t exist in PNW. that is too bad

When the weather is amenable, I too sit outside after dark watching the fireflies, the stars and an occasional bat as they go about their business. I find it soothing, well, until the mosquitos come out.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I rarely sit outside relaxing, but today I am. My mock orange, Chinese privet, lavender, and sweet peas are sll blooming. My birdbath has been visited by a Robin and a Crow, both using it for its purpose. Life seems good right now.

Thread Information