Thread: Democrats for Trump

Democrats for Trump

Just spent the last week in the St Louis area, mostly on the Illinois side of the river. They were holding some primary elections, including the GOP gubernatorial candidate. The interesting thing was that the Trump-supported candidate received financial support from organizations usually associated with Democrats. The local talking heads said they were hoping for the weakest possible candidate, and that this phenomenon had occurred in other races around the country.

I could see how this might possibly backfire. I could also see how an extensive use of this strategy could make primaries an even worse way to select candidates.

Incidentally, St Louis has a nice zoo and some excellent barbecue places.

I know some folks who are planning to support Trump and his minions, so as to bring about the collapse of America sooner.

They are nutballs though.

We had that here. I seems like it could backfire. Possibly the same candidates who lost and are now claiming they were cheated and refuse to concede?

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/02/11094...claiming-fraud

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Just spent the last week in the St Louis area, mostly on the Illinois side of the river. They were holding some primary elections, including the GOP gubernatorial candidate. The interesting thing was that the Trump-supported candidate received financial support from organizations usually associated with Democrats. The local talking heads said they were hoping for the weakest possible candidate, and that this phenomenon had occurred in other races around the country.

I could see how this might possibly backfire. I could also see how an extensive use of this strategy could make primaries an even worse way to select candidates.

Incidentally, St Louis has a nice zoo and some excellent barbecue places.
    City Museum and Missouri Botanical gardens are the better places to visit!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    City Museum and Missouri Botanical gardens are the better places to visit!
    I advocated for the botanical garden, but was voted down by the juvenile faction.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I advocated for the botanical garden, but was voted down by the juvenile faction.
    Oh but the kid would have liked City Museum.

I read somewhere yesterday about the Democrats spending approximately $10M in Arizona promoting lesser known Republican candidates in last week's primary races in hopes that weaker candidates would win, which would then benefit Democratic candidates in November. I'm guessing the good people of Arizona saw through that charade since every one of their picks lost.

I think the most interesting part of the story was the revelation that some campaign finance laws may have been broken in the process. Something to do with misrepresenting who was paying for the media ads.

And, I see today that the Dems did the same in just about every recent primary state where a fringe Republican candidate could be found to support. The Wall Street Journal says they spent $30M in Illinois promoting a Republican fringe candidate for Governor, who then actually won the primary election. Something tells me they're really concerned about November.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

When I heard about this one of my first impressions was, Game of Thrones.

I've not thought of political ads as having much integrity, where ever they may come from.

Thread Information