Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: harvest 2022

harvest 2022

How are you doing with the harvest?

Our harvest of strawberries, white and black currants and gooseberries is over. There are a lot of currants this year. That's good, because last year there wasn't a good harvest, so the stock was gone.
    At the moment I'm still harvesting red currants and raspberries.
    I harvest cucumbers, beans and peas every 2-3 days.
    Gradually I can fill the storage cellar.

IMG_7266.jpg
    You have to be willing to do the things others will never do in order to have the things others will never have.
    -unknown-

www.miteigenenhaenden.de

That is impressive! I do not grow any edibles other than a patch of mint in the garden, and some parsley and basil in pots. Actually, my basil is fizzling out and I need to buy another plant.

My fruit harvest is just starting. I have alpine strawberries in horse water troughs. They are tiny, and are just gardener snacks. The blueberries are just starting to ripen. I've gone from 3-4 berries a day to about a cup. When it gets going, I can get up to a quart a day. Raspberries are late this year- I've only had 5 of so per day but when that is in full swing its about a cup to a pint per day.

The veg harvest continues. I start lettuce under cover, so I've had lettuce for 2 months. The cherry tomatoes have started in the last week, and I've picked my first cucumber and first zucchini. I have lots of peppers, but all still green.

It got too hot here too quickly before it cooled off again so everything I planted is behind in growth. However, tomatoes and lemon cucumbers are coming along. Our peach tree was abundant with fruit but then we had a late snow and lost much of it. It is very challenging to garden here.

We've had tons of green beans, a few snowpeas earlier, small cukes coming on. Leek was harvested months ago.

Squirrels took all of our apricots, peaches, apples. Birds got the cherries.

I may have some summer squash, Japanese eggplant and a variety of peppers within a week and probably another week for tomatoes. I was thinking today that the local produce market should have local sweet corn and plums.

Your berries look wonderful!

All I grow is herbs (doing very well), tomatoes and garlic. I do grow flowers for the bees and butterflies.

Your gooseberries remind me of a funny story---they always remind me of my mom.

When she was a new bride, she decided to surprise my dad by baking him a gooseberry pie--her first pie as a newlywed.
    I'm not sure where she got the gooseberries, but when he dug into her beautifully-baked pie, they discovered the gooseberries were infested with worms! Poor thing!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Oh, cakes with added proteins! Very annoying.
    You have to be willing to do the things others will never do in order to have the things others will never have.
    -unknown-

www.miteigenenhaenden.de

KayLR, your poor mom!

here - Beans, beets, kohlrabi, summer squash, potatoes, cucumbers, kale, onions, carrots, camomile, a few raspberries on the second year canes. Peas, lettuce, and spinach are over. Garlic is all pulled and drying. Tomatoes are still green. Basil is ready, but haven’t cut any yet. Eggs and milk are plentiful.
    What have you done today to make the world a better place?

Late yesterday, a FedEx driver came flying down the street and smacked a large limb of our peach tree. Peaches went flying everywhere. Grrr...

Thread Information