Thread: "Four Thousand Weeks" - thumbs up.

"Four Thousand Weeks" - thumbs up.

I just finished this up today, and found it pretty darned helpful. Sort of a new take on YMOYL. Folks here may appreciate it.

Ah, it's a book! I have seen the interview with the author. It's really interesting and goes well with the topic of this forum. Thanks for the tip.
    You have to be willing to do the things others will never do in order to have the things others will never have.
    -unknown-

www.miteigenenhaenden.de

Thanks for the recommendation! I researched it a little and I think it might be something I'd enjoy reading, especially because my productivity mechanism is still in high gear, but I'm definitely interested in downshifting.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thanks for this. I ordered it from the library.

The podcast "Waking Up" by Same Harris is on my listening routine. The most recent is a free 35 minute introduction to Burkeman's series of audio lessons. Harris has a paywall to gain full access to all of the full Waking Up discussions and lectures and I've seriously considered it. He has some interesting discussions.

Might be of interest to the curious wanting to get a taste of the book for free, or interest in Burkeman's four course of audio lessons.

I've just started the book and thank you for the recommendation. I am already thinking about less internet...I like the idea that every choice involves missing out. Makes it easier. Joy of Missing Out. I love that! So thanks for a deep thinker push.

Yes, I just finished it! Very interesting insights. Thanks for the recommendation!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I just started it. Interesting to me how the concept of time changes when you retire.

Thread Information