Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: July Purge

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Has anybody here got a red swingline stapler(like the one from office space)they don't need? I could use it. Thaaaaanks.
    No, but coincidently I have a vintage red swingline pencil sharpener on my desk. I'm not sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Has anybody here got a red swingline stapler(like the one from office space)they don't need? I could use it. Thaaaaanks.
    Only a beige one that I took with me when I retired, and I'm not parting with it. I knew nobody else would want it since it was battered and ugly, unlike the pretty, shiny, new staplers that last a few months before going into the trash. This sucker was built to last!
    Funny enough, I hadn't seen "Office Space" at the time, but when I saw it a couple of years ago, I felt a very strong bond with Milton.

swingline.jpg

Purged 20+ channels I had subscribed to on YouTube. Channels that I am no longer interested in, have stopped producing new content, or I never watched much.

Guess I have been purged. Found a replacement for a missing tool, and went to use Paypal, and I couldn't log in, as it was wanting a mobile number now.
    Work provided mobile, so nope I don't have one, work does. Can't even log into it now.

When I went thrifting with Sis on Friday, it was the first time in a very long time. Much of our together time now is spent at Clay School. So I got to actually get a bunch of stuff out of the house that had been culled over the past few months (and I might have even slipped some unsatisfactory pieces of pottery in there). Anyway, for me the hardest part is actually making the decision for something to go. Once it's in the donation box or bag, it's very rare for it to come out again. However, the actually freeing of space in the house is the real payoff, so I'm happy to have the stuff actually gone.

Yppej
    My final camisole and a pair of underwear on which the elastic went.

Was noticing how cluttered my parents house is when I visited this weekend, and I want to work on decluttering mine more, but am waiting for cooler weather.

July purge: Went thru craft patterns/kits and lateral file of patterns and misc. Two huge shopping bags to a retreat swap in August (hopefully a donate and not swap). One box of same added to take to another retreat in September. More in the box for a charity quilting group.

Oh, and threw away a trash bag full of copies of patterns and clippings that I knew I would never make.

Getting ready to wheel the A/C out to the curb. It is a heavy window mount model. Our only spot was in the kitchen, over the sink. It was a back breaker putting it in each year. Works really good, but replaced it this year with floor model with hose. Given our current hot spell it should go fast, and the price is right - FREE!

I see busy bee DH scurrying around in our basement, moving and cleaning an upright freezer. When I inquired what that was all about, he said he is hauling it to Iowa to give to his brother.

So yay! One appliance down. There are multiples littering corners of our basement: stoves, dishwashers, huge french -door refrigerator freezer. Perhaps they will go away as well.

DH is driving to Iowa ro 1) attend his 50th high school reunion 2) pick up locker beef

let the shaming snark posts begin.

DH is getting rid of it pretty efficiently, I'd say!

Thread Information