Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July Purge

July Purge

Welcome to July, how are things going?

So far we purged a bunch of college textbooks and paperwork husband no longer needs is in the shred pile. Probably need another shred cycle or two to finish it. One done, need to wait an hour before the next shredding session.

Did a mental purge earlier this week. Been dealing with our trash service for about a year trying to get a new can. It's been nearly cracked in half from them slamming it against the side of the truck when they dump it. Company would tell me to leave it at the curb and someone will come the next day to take it and provide a new one. Never happened. Called and called and called with the same results. Got to the point where raccoons could easily pull trash bags out the crack and I'd have to clean up the mess every day. Finally called and canceled my service and went with a different company (cheaper too!). Again they said to leave the can at the curb and someone would take it. That was Tuesday. Today is Friday and it's still at the curb. I am hoping that since today is trash day, they will take it.

Okay---trash service is pretty essential. But, maybe going with the cheapest was a mistake. They might provide poorer service, too. You might be off their major routes, too. A better choice would be who the other people on your street are using. Anyway, call and ask them to remind the driver that you're a new subscriber. If that doesn't work, try another company. But yeah--those little things can take up your time.

I deleted my LinkedIn account. It seemed pointless after being out of the work force for so long. Not a big deal, but it will probably save a few worthless emails from them.

Cleaned out a kitchen cupboard...several out of date things and a bottle of mustard...that we just bought a new one...because I thought we were out! Nice to go in there and see everything. I've been permanent marking the pull dates on things, nice and big so I can see without my glasses what needs using up. It's worked pretty well.

Yppej
    A camisole stretched out of shape. I may have a couple more of these. Bought them years ago at Sears before they went out of business.

8 pairs of pants today.

Gave a couple of cotton sweaters to my daughter. So, they're technically still in the house; just not in my armoire. Put a few more things in the garage sale stack. I'll spend 2-3 evenings this week getting ready for the sale on Friday and Saturday. I'll get to spend some time those days with a friend and hopefully we'll make a few $$. At any rate, we'll enjoy each other's company and solve a few of the world's problems.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Gave away some crafting supplies and books through the Buy Nothing group. Also gave away a skirt that looked great on the hangar, but not so much on me.

Yppej
    A pair of old summer pajama bottoms that are too short and uncomfortable.

Thread Information