Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: July Purge

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    DH is laughing at me because a dumb old 45 record he took to his high school reunion brought $65 fir their scholarship auction. It was a recording made by one of their classmates.

I had questioned him last week on WTF that old record was hanging around for, why was he keeping it.
    Was it one of those old records where you went in and they recorded you on a record, or was he with some group?
    For instance, a late friends husband, was a Cricket with Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Was it one of those old records where you went in and they recorded you on a record, or was he with some group?
    For instance, a late friends husband, was a Cricket with Buddy.
    This high school dude had a band and they made several records.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This high school dude had a band and they made several records.
    Okay---I believe you are referring to the high-schoolers who formed up "Lazy River", which is still extant, at least through reunions.. A boy named Jon Porter was an original member, and remembered it as a formative experience. He later served in the US House of Representatives, from Nevada. At least one of the other former band members still lives in his home town,(lucky him) and another--still in the group-- is a professional musician in some southern state. Yup. Hope that helps you some.2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Yppej
    An old check cashing card from Market Basket. I never write checks at stores anymore.

Youngest's room... A bunch of clothing that were either worn out, never worn, or not needed due to having enough already.
    Husband's dresser... A bunch of shirts that he never wears and are probably too small for him anyway.

Thread Information