Thread: Linguistic Lunacy

Linguistic Lunacy

I see Doctor Jill Biden’s recent language malpractice at the “Latinx Incluxion Summit” included referring to a certain group as “breakfast tacos”.

I realize language evolves organically, with new words and phrases constantly being added and deleted, but when the culture war combat engineers leave this kind of wanton destruction in their wake, it’s enough to make me a single issue voter.

Yppej
    That's nothing compared to Joe talking about the honor of the Holocaust.

I haven’t listened to Dr. Jill’s actual words although I’ve heard chatter about it. I had a breakfast burrito this morning. I don’t know what that means in this context.

edited to add: So I went out on the Internet to see Dr. Jill’s actual words in the phrase in which she uttered it. My top hit was MSNBC, so I chose it.

I read what Dr. Jill said. It seemed friendly to me, she was just saying that this is a unique interesting group of people that form their own distinct community And we recognize them and their contributions for their cultural sway.

As a sometimes- Republican voter, I see nothing wrong with this. I’m more concerned about the continuing use of “Latinx “which poll after poll shows people of Latin descent do not like.

I was amused though to see how quickly into the article MSNBC had to dredge up Donald J Trump stuff. Still beating the Donald J Trump drum and giving focus and attention to propel him to the White House in 2024. Way to go, MSNBC!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    That's nothing compared to Joe talking about the honor of the Holocaust.
    Oh I understand that one, he means honor the memory of 6 million killed in the holocaust. That’s an easy slip to make. I don’t hold that against him.

IL... I agree. Putting a negative spin on something meant to be complimentary is ridiculous. But, it is easy to drag up trump stuff because he was/is such a crotch grabber.

Thread Information