Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass nail files?

Glass nail files?

Went to the jeweler recently and they had a selection of glass nail files that supposedly last a lifetime. Only need to be cleaned with soap and water. Anyone try these? Looked on line and they come in differing costs....... Now if they work great, I could see giving some as gifts????

Three winters ago, as I was walking on a bridge over the Flambeau River, I found a glass nail file. The name "Cici & Sisi" is etched on it. I use it regularly. I would not doubt that it could last 86 years, or whatever a lifetime is!

Cool. So sounds like it works well? I will look around for one for myself.

They seem to work well, but I haven't used mine long enough to comment on how well they hold up.

I had one that I really loved, but I finally dropped and broke it after about 10 years. I've tried to replace it, but the couple I've bought since aren't as good, and I don't know the brand/manufacturer of my original one (I bought it in a little boutique shop in the Berkshires).

I had one and didn't find it useful at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    I had one and didn't find it useful at all.
    Because?

It didn't file well...But as I recall I bought it for some other reason...shaving fuzz off sweaters, Maybe???It was a long time ago. I wonder if I still have it somewhere??

that's what I use. I have a small one I keep in my makeup bag in my purse and a larger one by my bedside. I like them better than the traditional emery boards.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    that's what I use. I have a small one I keep in my makeup bag in my purse and a larger one by my bedside. I like them better than the traditional emery boards.
    Is there a brand that is better? Wondering if I should just go to the jewelry store and buy it there. Imagine it is more expensive there though (?) but probably of better value?

Also, why do you consider then better than emery boards? longevity or?

Thread Information