Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield, MO life of crime

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Every state has a .Springfield.
    I wonder why...At any rate, Matt Groening has said the Simpson's hometown was named after the Oregon one, which is outside of Eugene.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wonder why...At any rate, Matt Groening has said the Simpson's hometown was named after the Oregon one, which is outside of Eugene.
    Springfield MO is not very nice. Springfield, IL is a cool place. Lots and lots of historic buildings and many places to visit about ?Abraham Lincoln. The Lincoln museum and the Lincoln Home (separate attractions) are very nice. I was especially charmed by the first Illinois state capital there. I go there most years for their state fair.

[QUOTE=iris lilies;412198]Springfield MO is not very nice.} Yes, yes. I have to agreee with this. It is not very nice, at all. That makes it attractive to the kind of people who don't like nice places. See? There used to be a lot more wreckin' yards, there. But, for some reason hardly any, now. But, there are more tattooo parlors and weed dispensaries there, so that probably compensates for it. Plus---prolly more Wal Marts than any place on earth! Ha. But yeah---avoid the place if nice is your thing. Hope that helps you some.2022-07-22 (8).jpg

[QUOTE=littlebittybobby;412199]
    Springfield MO is not very nice.} Yes, yes. I have to agreee with this. It is not very nice, at all. That makes it attractive to the kind of people who don't like nice places. See? There used to be a lot more wreckin' yards, there. But, for some reason hardly any, now. But, there are more tattooo parlors and weed dispensaries there, so that probably compensates for it. Plus---prolly more Wal Marts than any place on earth! Ha. But yeah---avoid the place if nice is your thing. Hope that helps you some.2022-07-22 (8).jpg
    tattoo shops and weed dispensaries are fine. What I want to know is—are there lockered beef production joints? Or even better, are there giant tenderloin sandwich restaurants there?

[QUOTE=iris lilies;412202]
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post

tattoo shops and weed dispensaries are fine. What I want to know is—are there lockered beef production joints? Or even better, are there giant tenderloin sandwich restaurants there?
    Ha. I have no idea; Drive-n-eat is something I don't do, for something to "Do". But yeah---if it's Drive-n-Eat you want, head up north to I-wah! Yup.2022-07-22 (4).jpg2022-07-22 (4).jpg

Just be DARN careful, when you are driving somewhere, just to EAT, in I-Wah. Traffic is MURDER, there! Why--just the other day, there was a terrible "accident", right at this intersection! Yup. Two vehicles came out of nowhere, right at each other! Yup. The collision was unavoidable! Yup.2022-07-15 (5).jpg2022-08-05 (1).jpg
    Attachment 4661
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 8-5-22 at 10:53am.

Okay---if you are an I-wah Drive-N-Eat fanatic, here's the equivalent of 7-11 Missippissi, in Thor, Iowa. Yup. It's an old masonry building, but they recently capped 'er with farmer tin, to keep it looking tidy. Yup. It's VERY popular, with the D-N-E's, up there in the midddle o' nowhere. I've read countless reviews that say the food is "ahhh-summm and a-may-zeen". Edited to add: another Yup.2022-08-04 (3).jpg

Every state has a .Springfield.
    The show never specified a state. I wonder if one could figure out the state by finding a Springfield that has a nuclear plant nearby…

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The show never specified a state. I wonder if one could figure out the state by finding a Springfield that has a nuclear plant nearby…
    It's just a generic city name. They shoulda called it "Ashland", instead. Okay: if your REALLY looking for a REAL meal, and you love to drive-n-eat, I suggest you try this one. In fact, eat there EVERY DAY, so ya get enough protein and don't get skinny & weak and blow away. It's called The Bum Steer, or something. Yup. Awesome and amayzeen.2022-08-04 (5).jpgEdited to add: Photo of fire truck at the Bum Steer. The steaks were a bit overdone, that evening. Yup.2022-08-04 (6).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    It's just a generic city name. They shoulda called it "Ashland", instead. Okay: if your REALLY looking for a REAL meal, and you love to drive-n-eat, I suggest you try this one. In fact, eat there EVERY DAY, so ya get enough protein and don't get skinny & weak and blow away. It's called The Bum Steer, or something. Yup. Awesome and amayzeen.2022-08-04 (5).jpg
    My mother taught us to never eat in the car. It makes a mess that has to be cleaned up. I learned the truth of this when a friend in college got a cockroach infestation in her car. Admittedly this was in Miami. The whole city has a cockroach infestation so it wasn’t a surprise, but still…

Thread Information