Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield, MO life of crime

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My mother taught us to never eat in the car. It makes a mess that has to be cleaned up. I learned the truth of this when a friend in college got a cockroach infestation in her car. Admittedly this was in Miami. The whole city has a cockroach infestation so it wasn’t a surprise, but still…
    Ha. That is funny. About the cockroaches, that is. But yeah---my references to drive-in-eat, in I-wah mean that you drive a considerable distance to a restaurant with inside seating, usually located in a renovated small-town I-wah storefront, to eat a large chunk o' meat, and other fried food. Sure--there may be a side o' salad or slaw just for show, but it's all about the grease. Yup. To illustrate my point, here's some typical small-town I-wah people.Attachment 46652022-08-04 (4).jpg
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 8-5-22 at 10:56am.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    It's just a generic city name. They shoulda called it "Ashland", instead. Okay: if your REALLY looking for a REAL meal, and you love to drive-n-eat, I suggest you try this one. In fact, eat there EVERY DAY, so ya get enough protein and don't get skinny & weak and blow away. It's called The Bum Steer, or something. Yup. Awesome and amayzeen.Attachment 4663Edited to add: Photo of fire truck at the Bum Steer. The steaks were a bit overdone, that evening. Yup.Attachment 4664
    I have eaten there.
    What a coincidence! Not.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I have eaten there.
    What a coincidence! Not.
    Okay---I told you it was a popular destination to drive-n-eat! The place is situated near an interstate highway, with massive 18-wheelers roaring by! Yup. So, how far was the round trip, and what was the bill, for the yummy meal? Just for my information. Yup.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 8-5-22 at 10:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---I told you it was a popular destination to drive-n-eat! The place is situated near an interstate highway, with massive 18-wheelers roaring by! Yup. So, how far was the round trip, and what was the bill, for the yummy meal? Just for my information. Yup.
    I have no idea what that trip cost since it was years ago. But I will tell you that our locker beef escapade of last week came down to $4 a pound which is pretty spectacular. I did not realize that these beef purchases were cheaper than the crap you get in the stores. I know they’re certainly a better quality product, but since my father-in-law used to donate beef and pork and we only paid locker fees, I didn’t really know how much it would shake out to be if we had to pay for the actual beef cow.

Okay---Mo' Nooz: This outta K.C. 2022-08-09 (2).jpg

Okay----they had a shooting last night, in the parking lot of a sporting goods store. Police responded to a call of a person acting suspiciously. Suspect had a firearm, and police shot him just once. But he be daid. Hope that helps you some.

Well, they id'ed the daid suspec. 'Cordin to the data available online, he don't(did't) live too awful far from me; on the other side o' the highway interesection, bout a mile an a half, as the crow flies. Yup. I guess that rent house'll be available for a new renter, pretty soon. Yup. And---as always----2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Okay---I just noticed this thread hadn't achieved any participation, lately. Ha. But yeah---Springfield, Missouri is still here, with the ever-increasing number of violent crimes. But, you know what? I've been following the local Mugshots feed on Facebook and also following a "Scanner Chatter" Facebook feed, and well, yeah---the citizens on the northern 1/2 of the city are committing THE largest amount of crime, resulting in arrests. But see--center of town, you have a student population of 20,000, and they go demmmacrat in every election. BUT: I don't see but very little(reported) crime committed by students! They're in that crime-prone age range. So, are SMS students angels, or are news reports and arrests kept to a minimum? See--that notion was put in my head while following Scanner Chatter. But yeah---Are the 900lb Gorillas in the room(MSU, Drury,etal, and its' minions are given the soft, low-profile coverage in the local media? Just curious. See--Schools are tax-and-tuition supported businesses, and they don't want their image or goodwill to be harmed. See? Stop me if you've already heard the theory. Hope that helps you some.

Okay----I've joined several new f-book groups. All of them pertain to Crime-filled Springfield Zurra. One is called: Scanner Chatter 417. It follows police & fire calls and also first-hand accounts by passersby of various emergency situations. . Another is called: WTF Springfield. It shows some of the colorful public behaviors of the locals---homeless, tweakers, mentally disturbed, and of course---walmart shoppers. Then, followwed by snarky, tactless and sometimes humorous comments. Yup. But, you've got to be careful what you say, as some of the comments might get back to a detainee, and they have been known to threaten commenters, after they are released from tthe booby hatch or wherever. Then, there's 417 Lost and Stolen, which features footage from security cams of porch pirates and trespassers, and missing vehicles, etc. So yeah---Springfield has its' own reality shows to sit-n-watch. Yup.

Oh yeah---I forgot to mention that I also follow "Busted Newspaper" which is a news feed of booking photos of local arrestees, as they happern. You can also go to the sheriffs' website, and look at the inmate population part, and see if they are still in jail. One former co-worker has been in jail for nearly a year. He's a tweaker, who shot a highway patrolman, causing the officer to lose an eye. So, he'll be locked up for awhile. Recently, two wimmin were arrested in separate incidents; a facebook friend & her daughter. Yup. But, that's S-field. BTW, want a career? The local jail is still looking to hire staff at the lockup. Pays about $20/hr. So yeah, there's that. Thank Mee.

Thread Information