Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: August Purge

Okay--I went to install the nice, clean, safe NEW steering damper on my littlebitty Suburban, and guess what? I had the supplied, special mounting hardware for the frame anchor, but needed the special & not-supplied mounting bolt for the damper-to-tie rod! I looked around, and sure enough--it was still attached to the rusty, dirty, old steering damper I removed months ago, which I THOUGHT I had pitched into the trash to keep things nice and neat and tidy and clutter-free. But guess what? There it was, on the bench with other misc. stuff. So, I removed it and buffed it up and painted it and the new bolt for the other end. Soon as it dries, I'll put the damper on. Good thing I didn't get in a hurry to dispose of the old damper, right? Meanwhile, I'm gonna adjust the steering gear. It has twio adjustments, to take the play out of it. Hope that helps you some. It's only 90 degrees F outside, today.

Did a small declutter on my bathroom cabinet and undergarment drawer. Five pairs of underwear, two bottles of eyeglass cleaner along with the rags that went with them, two pressed power puffs, and two random keys that I have no idea what they unlocked (and why they were in my bathroom cabinet ).

Found more primer samples that I am using up.

Long story short I met a 19 year old girl working 2 jobs living in a camper. She was happy to get all the food I had planned to take to a shelter and all the stuff in my trunk for the thrift store. I had the food because my son is gone for work for at least a year and it was stuff he eats but I donít. I actually ended up making up 2 extra bags of food that I do eat because she was so nice and I felt sorry for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Long story short I met a 19 year old girl working 2 jobs living in a camper. She was happy to get all the food I had planned to take to a shelter and all the stuff in my trunk for the thrift store. I had the food because my son is gone for work for at least a year and it was stuff he eats but I don’t. I actually ended up making up 2 extra bags of food that I do eat because she was so nice and I felt sorry for her.
    It's so much easier to give stuff directly to a person who needs it! Good for you, Terry.

Nice, tt!!! Sounds like a win-win for both of you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Decluttered and reorganized one side of the garage. Was able to give a plastic shelf to my son and DIL.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I'm finally getting some stuff out the door: 20 hand-me-downs from my daughter to someone in our Buy Nothing Group with 2 younger daughters and 27 random items to Goodwill. Total for month: 47.

Dried up paint. Got replacements for touch ups on sales tax holiday except one gallon that one place wanted $45 for and the other $40.

I was wanting a colorful print for our extra bathroom downstairs and had been looking through the thrift store stacks but didn't find anything. Last week, I was sitting in my office and noticed a framed floral painting that I had on my wall there. I took it off the wall and put it in my bathroom at home. Perfect. No $$.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information