Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August Purge

August Purge

The two items put out on the sidewalk on Saturday are gone. Unfortunately, it was via garbage pickup, but they are gone.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I was working on weeds until I got repeatedly sting by what might be carpenter bees.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I was working on weeds until I got repeatedly sting by what might be carpenter bees.
    Those bees are not normally big on stinging, They prefer to hover around you and try to intimidate you with their presence.You must’ve made them very very angry Jeppy! What were you doing invading their space??!!!

Yppej
    They looked like bees but smaller. They chased me to the opposite side of the house. One got up under my shirt, another behind my ear, a third near my knee. I am buying wasp and hornet spray tomorrow. Removed part of the dead wood I was using as a border for my flowers and they are swarming all around the remaining wood. So something that nests on the ground and likes wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    They looked like bees but smaller. They chased me to the opposite side of the house. One got up under my shirt, another behind my ear, a third near my knee. I am buying wasp and hornet spray tomorrow. Removed part of the dead wood I was using as a border for my flowers and they are swarming all around the remaining wood. So something that nests on the ground and likes wood.
    They probably are not Carpenter bees. Carpenter bees are the size of bumblebees and they’re black and gold like bumblebees they just have a somewhat different color pattern. They are big slow buzzing things. They would not follow you.

Maybe Catherine will chime in here. Are they yellow jackets?

That’s awful Yppej. You need to be careful as too many stings can be dangerous. They sound too aggressive for bees and sounds more like wasps or hornets. I spent today going through my closets and ended up with 4 bags of stuff for the thrift store.

Yppej
    Maybe yellow jackets. Not wasps as those would be in a papery nest up high.

One of those thermal food bags that keep food warm. It works too well and actually makes things soggy and the inside of the bag gets dripping wet with condensation.

yppej, I bet they were yellow jackets, they often nest in the ground and are very aggressive. Spray the space in the evening.

Yppej
    I got rid of a bunch of yellow jackets

The areas where they bit me are still red and two are itchy and painful.

Thread Information