Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of this? (Changes to public education in Arizona)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

What do you think of this? (Changes to public education in Arizona)

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    It will signal the demise of public schools into useless, bloated organizations that turn out minimally educated children while lining the pockets of administrators and unmotivated, poor quality teachers. It is almost too much to contemplate if this hits St. Louis City Schools.

oh, wait. That is what the city school system is NOW.

I think there will be unforeseen consequences.
    " Every school-aged child in the state, all 1.1 million of them, will have access to $6500 of the taxpayer funds"

That right there, tells me some lawyer will probably get involved when some kid decides they want to use "their" money for a car, or gaming computer, etc.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It will signal the demise of public schools into useless, bloated organizations that turn out minimally educated children while lining the pockets of administrators and unmotivated, poor quality teachers. It is almost too much to contemplate if this hits St. Louis City Schools.

oh, wait. That is what the city school system is NOW.
    Surprise, surprise. I actually agree with you. Rob

I was once told it was immoral for me to send my kid to a private school because the public schools required middle class hostages to function. I never really bought that, and have always tried to make the choice based on what was best for the kid rather than someone elseís concept of the public good.

I think more choice is a good thing. If parents donít like the educational quality or ideological slant of the public schools, a broader range of options will serve to keep everyone honest. Competition is good.

I think if Kari Lake is elected it will happen quickly.

This is a awful idea!

At first glance, I think it's designed to undercut the public school system by funneling monies away from it.

This sort of funding sure would have made it easier launching the private preschool/K-5 school I built here.

If people were so good at evaluating the quality of education why did for profit colleges exist? I mean it's a little more complex than that there, as it wasn't just quality of education (which maybe wasn't always terrible) but how much degrees would be valued (which isn't entirely equivalent). But still.

I mean sure people with a boatload of advantages in life already (which is always what is focused on) can do a good job of such evaluations much of the time, but then what about kid with parents who don't have that?
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information