Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Anyone Watch the Netflix Series "The Crown"

I've enjoyed all the episodes so far and am looking forward to the next (last?) one.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm a Crown fan. I also blew through all the seasons. I agree with iris lilies' take on Claire Foy and Gillian Anderson, and the actress who played Margaret. My girl crush is on Olivia Coleman. I've seen a few of her movies this year, and she is outstanding. So versatile and authentic.

In general, I'm channeling my MILs attraction to Elizabeth. I admire the way she's handled her role. I recently read that her credo, which Catherine is adopting, is "Never complain, never explain." Good rule to live by. I loved the film she won an Oscar for a few years ago.

I think we only have a few months to wait for the next season, so we have something to look forward to.
    Speaking of Olivia Coleman, did you see her film about the mother who abandoned her daughter and was on vacation in, was it Greece? Also then there was the multi part TV series where she and her husband murdered her parents.

I don’t remember the names of these productions, don’t make me look them up!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Speaking of Olivia Coleman, did you see her film about the mother who abandoned her daughter and was on vacation in, was it Greece? Also then there was the multi part TV series where she and her husband murdered her parents.

I don’t remember the names of these productions, don’t make me look them up!
    First of all, I have to correct my spelling error--her name is Olivia Colman, not Coleman.

Yes, I did see The Lost Daughter, and she was so great in it! Her face is so malleable and expressive and changes on a dime--she can tell a story without saying a word.

She won an Oscar for The Favourite, and was also nominated for The Father. I did see the former--not the latter, but now that I recall her being in it, I'm adding it to my list. DH won't want to see it (too depressing) but I'll sneak it in. Two other good reasons to see The Father are Anthony Hopkins and Rufus Sewell.

I didn't know this, but she was the narrator in The Electrical Life of Louis Wain. I have no recollection of whether she was a good narrator or not. That movie was truly unique.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    First of all, I have to correct my spelling error--her name is Olivia Colman, not Coleman.

Yes, I did see The Lost Daughter, and she was so great in it! Her face is so malleable and expressive and changes on a dime--she can tell a story without saying a word.

She won an Oscar for The Favourite, and was also nominated for The Father. I did see the former--not the latter, but now that I recall her being in it, I'm adding it to my list. DH won't want to see it (too depressing) but I'll sneak it in. Two other good reasons to see The Father are Anthony Hopkins and Rufus Sewell.

I didn't know this, but she was the narrator in The Electrical Life of Louis Wain. I have no recollection of whether she was a good narrator or not. That movie was truly unique.
    I LOVED The Favourite! It was such a romp.

seek out the The Landscapers, a recent work of hers. It is a quirky dramatized true story in 3 or 4 tv episodes.

Rufus Sewell! I will have to check out The Father.

Okay----I know this is not about netflix, but it is about sit-n-watch, therefore it's on-topic. Ha. But yeah---I been sitting, late at night, watching the videotaped testimony of the witnesses at the Yukhovskyy trial in New Hampshire, recently. He's the truck driver who was acquitted of all charges in the crash that killed 7 motorcyclists. It's interesting. I learned a lot of factoids, and about the psychology of eyewitnesses, and particularly the geography of the region, because I keep referring to google maps as I sit-n-watch. Yup.

Okay---here's two photos of the crash site. One is by a passerby who stopp[ed immediately safter the wreck, and took photos. The other is copied from google maps. The point here is that google definitely lessens the features of the terrain; it can make New Hampshire look like I-wah. Yup.2022-08-13 (6).jpg2022-08-13 (5).jpg

Thread Information