Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Anyone Watch the Netflix Series "The Crown"

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA

Did Anyone Watch the Netflix Series "The Crown"

We just finished the last segment last night.

We are bereft. Don't know how my life will continue without this series.

We found it totally engrossing--and so well-acted.

And the visuals were superb...as was the dialogue.

Anyone else a fan?
    peaceful, easy feeling

Yes, most seasons of it a very good.

The .Diana actress sort of made me cringe, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes, most seasons of it a very good.

The .Diana actress sort of made me cringe, tho.
    How so? I thought she looked more Diana than Diana. Her marriage with Prince Charles was so ugly...

Margaret Thatcher was intriguing and swell-played, I thought. Her audiences with the Queen were fascinating to watch with the dynamic tension between the two.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHiker View Post
    How so? I thought she looked more Diana than Diana. Her marriage with Prince Charles was so ugly...

Margaret Thatcher was intriguing and swell-played, I thought. Her audiences with the Queen were fascinating to watch with the dynamic tension between the two.
    My girl crush Gillian Anderson knocked it out of the park with her elegant portrayal of Thatcher.

I LOVED Claire Foy as a luminous young queen and her sister actress was terrific. I couldn’t take my eyes off the sister whoever she was on screen.

The Diana actress is not bringing substance to the role. Her schtick all seems to be about replication of Diana’s lowered head, wide eyed ingenue stuff. I don’t quite like the .Charles character either. Anne is good.

Olivia Coleman is doing a nice job with the role of the older queen, but I would expect her to.

I'm a Crown fan. I also blew through all the seasons. I agree with iris lilies' take on Claire Foy and Gillian Anderson, and the actress who played Margaret. My girl crush is on Olivia Coleman. I've seen a few of her movies this year, and she is outstanding. So versatile and authentic.

In general, I'm channeling my MILs attraction to Elizabeth. I admire the way she's handled her role. I recently read that her credo, which Catherine is adopting, is "Never complain, never explain." Good rule to live by.

I think we only have a few months to wait for the next season, so we have something to look forward to.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm a Crown fan. I also blew through all the seasons. I agree with iris lilies' take on Claire Foy and Gillian Anderson, and the actress who played Margaret. My girl crush is on Olivia Coleman. I've seen a few of her movies this year, and she is outstanding. So versatile and authentic.

In general, I'm channeling my MILs attraction to Elizabeth. I admire the way she's handled her role. I recently read that her credo, which Catherine is adopting, is "Never complain, never explain." Good rule to live by.

I think we only have a few months to wait for the next season, so we have something to look forward to.
    There will be another season?? I thought it was finis?

Not so? That's terrific.
    peaceful, easy feeling

Not so? That's terrific.
    According to my reliable Google source:

"If you are already anticipating the next chapter in the Netflix series, feel free to relax because the new season will be amongst us in November 2022. The news was confirmed by Imelda Staunton, the actress playing Queen Elizabeth II in the next season, during the TUDUM fan event in September 2021.--Jun 19, 2022"
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Not so? That's terrific.

Yes and there’s a more mature actress playing Diana so I’m hoping for something a little better although I agree is a very difficult role to play such an iconic figure.

Watched part of the first season, wasn't interested enough to keep Netflix for it. Rented Netflix for one month for a couple shows (mainly last season of Lucifer), and haven't thought about it since.

Really enjoyed series and am happy to learn there will be more!

Thread Information