Thread: another odd experience

another odd experience

I had a strange experience today involving my dad. When I cleaned out his house, I found a stash of pictures from the 40's, including pictures of his old girlfriend who he had talked a lot about when I was a kid. I had never seen her photo, so that was interesting. After he died, I googled her name and found that she was still living, in a nursing home. Her name had shown up in her husband's obituary from several years ago; they had a long and happy marriage.

Reading Dad's letters, I found out that they had dated for about six years and actually been engaged at one time. He loved her family and went to visit a lot over Christmas, etc. So they were close.

So this afternoon I was reading the city data retirement forum, because the headline was about going back to Willoughby, which was my favorite Twilight Zone, so I read the thread, which was about looking for small towns to retire to. One of the towns that was mentioned was the town my dad's girlfriend was from. So for some reason that I googled her name again, and her obituary came up. She died last week, and her funeral is Saturday.

So I end sending a sympathy note to her children, care of the church, enclosing the photos of their mother.

I wonder about how this all came about. . .

I remember doing that once, googling someone to find they had died just a few days prior.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-4-22 at 11:02pm.

Same has happened to me!! One of my best friends my freshman year at college--we kept in touch for a few years and then lost touch. She entered the convent at one point but gave it up because she didn't like the control over everything by the Mother Superior--like being able to take the car to the store--things like that. She was the sunniest, most joyous, yet deepest person I every knew.

I was wondering about her one day a few years ago and learned that she had recently died at the age of 63.

Very strange. Maybe a case of of the quantum entanglement LDAHL was talking about in another thread... bits of energy passing through and leaving a breeze in our consciousness.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Honestly, I don't understand what he was talking about with respect to "quantum entanglement."

Funny you both had similar experiences.

Thread Information