Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recession

Recession

It’s pretty cool that biden has prevented one. I mean geez, unemployment is at a 50 year low and 528,000 jobs were added last month. Twice what had been predicted. And the jobs numbers for the past two months both got bumped up at the same time. And gas prices are dropping significantly so the next inflation numbers will likely be great since that was the biggest driving factor.

I guess the republicans will have to stick with the ‘LGBTQ folks and immigrants are evil and don’t get me started talking about how awful it is to let teachers discuss American history’ theme for the upcoming election.

Jobs lost or vacated during the pandemic shutdowns are finally coming back but the job numbers seem to be skewed by the increasing number of people taking part time and second jobs. (See charts below)
    And gas prices are now down to only about $2.00 per gallon more than they were 18 months ago, that's a good sign but can we get it back down to where it should be during this administration? I guess we'll see.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Jobs lost or vacated during the pandemic shutdowns are finally coming back but the job numbers seem to be skewed by the increasing number of people taking part time and second jobs. (See charts below)
    And gas prices are now down to only about $2.00 per gallon more than they were 18 months ago, that's a good sign but can we get it back down to where it should be during this administration? I guess we'll see.

Okay---Them charts n' graphs are about what Yossarian would have! Good job! But, personally--I feel like this country is going all to heck, and it's time for another regime change. Yup.Expecially to one that will issue immediate pardons to all the Jan 6 participants who have been railroaded. 2022-07-22 (8).jpg

What is the estimate of people who can't work due to long covid now? 1 million, 4 million?
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    JP got his (home ownership, work from home job so he doesn't face high gas prices, etc). It doesn't matter that the next generation is priced out.

Gas prices have spiked around the world (likely price gouging) and have come down significantly; President Biden is not to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    JP got his (home ownership, work from home job so he doesn't face high gas prices, etc). It doesn't matter that the next generation is priced out.
    I express happiness that people are finding jobs and that gas prices are dropping and you read it as ‘I’ve got mine, so screw everyone else.’ What a curious perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Gas prices have spiked around the world (likely price gouging) and have come down significantly; President Biden is not to blame.
    It seems pretty obvious to me that he actually is to blame, not for the complete jump in prices but certainly for a large portion of it. The administration likes to tell us that increasing gas prices were caused by Russia's incursion into Ukraine but the die was cast well before that. The chart below shows the rise in gas prices from 2020 through spring of 2021, before and after the election but before Putin's price increase. It only got worse after that.

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I that the worldwide chart?
    Also, correlation is not causation. How/why would President Biden cause a rise in gas prices?

Yppej
    We couldn't stop Russia from invading Ukraine, but we didn't have to spike inflation by throwing all that money at Ukraine, which paid Biden's son big bucks to run Burisma though he had no energy experience. Our biolabs in Ukraine also are a possible culprit in the pandemic. We should stop meddling in foreign countries and funding their bilogical warfare aka gain of function research.

And JP is oblivious to the economic suffering of the next generation. If they have McJobs and gas has come down (but is still twice as high as it was before Biden's election) all is well.

79% of Americans disagree.

Thread Information