Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New usernames and their significance.

Earth, it's a picture I took of the setting sun on the Cheyenne River in South Dakota.
    Formerly known as Blithe Morning II

Wow, it's beautiful! You have a great eye!

I love this thread - what a great way to get to know people a bit better!

I chose this name as a reminder to stay grounded on/in the earth, as I am seeking spiritually and re-thinking my work life in a time of significant change. I am continually pining for the mountains, for a simple life with my children (with a horse or two . I've worked long hours for years for non-profits, mostly in children's mental health. My work ethic and commitment has served the institutions well, but been a barrier to the simpler life. It's time to find a calling in a setting that supports a balanced life.

The avatar is borrowed from Flickr, and is titled 'between earth and sky'.

Enjoying the background stories of names.

I took 'razz' on the old site when too many variations on or similar to my initial name Danny were confusing even me.

I was going to use raspberry for the favoured berry bushes that we have in our garden and decided that razz would be a nice unique short variation that was not likely to be duplicated

Mrs-M
    Enjoying this thread immensely. Such pleasant entries everybody.

Anne Lee. I loved your old name (Blithe Morning II), and I really love the figurine!!! It's beautiful. (It looks like a real oldie, a true collectors piece). If there's even a hint (within you) to go back to the old, then do. Happiness and contentment is what's it's all about.

Iris Lily. I love the name "Gelly Endive"! I think it's suits you to a tee!

Honesty is great Jonathan.

EarthSky. Love your avatar!!! And the story behind your username.

Razz. You are so lucky to have raspberry bushes. That in itself has been a dream of mine forever.

Citrine is my birthstone....not too unique!

Mrs-M
    Citrine. Not only do I think it's unique, it's beautiful!

Mrs-M
    Bump!

Thought of all the newcomers to our home, and was hoping a bump, would inspire a few more entries!

Well, it seems I have not participated in this thread - thanks for bumping it!

I've been *active* on the internet since the 1990's. I participated in some forums here and there, but things always seem to end so negatively or with people being so nasty with each other. At one point, in one particular forum, it got so bad that I decided I would search out more happy stuff on the internet... hence my user name. :-)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Well, I just read through this thread, and I realize I'd said I wasn't really comfortable with Serendipity, and I'm still not. So I'm going to change to Kestrel, which is my "totem animal". They're beautiful small falcons. The Peregrine Fund/World Center for Birds of Prey is south and east of Boise, and they have two live cameras there, one inside a nestbox, and one with an outside view of the nestbox, so you can check on them any time, including at night, and see how they're doing. I watch them all the time. I also watch several other live webcams, and I'm addicted ... (We also support them with $$, so we also go out there often to see what's going on.) We live way to the left - west - of the cams.

Here's a link to the kestrel cams: http://kestrel.peregrinefund.org/ind...action=webcams

Thread Information