Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Primary Today

Wisconsin Primary Today

I’m voting in the GOP primary here today. For Governor, I’ll support a former Lt Gov against the Trump guy. Trump reportedly dislikes her because he saw a picture of her kid at a prom with the kid of a Wis Supreme Court Justice who didn’t vote his way on election issues. For the Senate, I’m going with Ron Johnson because he’s preferable to whoever the dog’s breakfast of Dem candidates churns up.

I have to say that overall I’m a little disappointed in this year’s primary season. It seems more chaotic and unserious than usual. Especially on the GOP side, choosing minor celebrities over veteran politicians. It looks like it could cost a few Senate seats at a time when there’s a lot of dissatisfaction with the economy and governance in general.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m voting in the GOP primary here today. For Governor, I’ll support a former Lt Gov against the Trump guy. Trump reportedly dislikes her because he saw a picture of her kid at a prom with the kid of a Wis Supreme Court Justice who didn’t vote his way on election issues. For the Senate, I’m going with Ron Johnson because he’s preferable to whoever the dog’s breakfast of Dem candidates churns up.

I have to say that overall I’m a little disappointed in this year’s primary season. It seems more chaotic and unserious than usual. Especially on the GOP side, choosing minor celebrities over veteran politicians. It looks like it could cost a few Senate seats at a time when there’s a lot of dissatisfaction with the economy and governance in general.
    That was my take on what The Editors (podcast) were saying, that the Democrats are putting out so many ridiculous candidates it should be a walk in the park for many GOP races. Unfortunately the GOP put up the wrong candidates.

idiots all around. Here in Missouri the standard GOP candidate won the big controversial race knocking out Eric Greitens who ran an Edgelord campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That was my take on what The Editors (podcast) were saying, that the Democrats are putting out so many ridiculous candidates it should be a walk in the park for many GOP races. Unfortunately the GOP put up the wrong candidates.

idiots all around. Here in Missouri the standard GOP candidate won the big controversial race knocking out Eric Greitens who ran an Edgelord campaign.
    Yes. The term “race to the bottom” would certainly seem to apply here.

So my takeaway from the OP is that they prefer what comes out of the dog to what goes in.

Seriously? Traitor Ron Johnson....

Kleefisch is of the same ilk as walker.... not for the people but just there to give to big business... antiquated abortion views. She is better than the other "republicans" running but not much. Hope you are right and Senate seats are lost.

***Don't know why you keep referring to this as the GOP primary? It is a primary for all!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Seriously? Traitor Ron Johnson....

***Don't know why you keep referring to this as the GOP primary? It is a primary for all!
    As we say up here, you betcha!

It’s a partisan primary. You have to choose one party ‘s ballot.

Obviously. Not just GOP primary as you keep stating.

Hopefully, Jonnson's recent debacle will cost him the election. We don't need "maga republicans."

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Obviously. Not just GOP primary as you keep stating.

Hopefully, Jonnson's recent debacle will cost him the election. We don't need "maga republicans."
    Some people would rather stick with their tribe even if it means voting for a traitor who helped the party’s president try to overthrow the government. That’s just how they roll. I’m guessing they don’t have mirrors in their bathrooms so they don’t have to look at themselves in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Some people would rather stick with their tribe even if it means voting for a traitor who helped the party’s president try to overthrow the government. That’s just how they roll. I’m guessing they don’t have mirrors in their bathrooms so they don’t have to look at themselves in the morning.
    In my alternate universe, they don't have mirrors because they don't have reflections. but seriously--they're probably proud of their ability to !) stick it to the libs, and 2) deliver for their fat cat donors.

I do actually like sticking it to the libs, the sanctimonious lecturing tight assed libs. I do enjoy that, I have to admit it.

Thread Information