Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Primary Today

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I do actually like sticking it to the libs, the sanctimonious lecturing tight assed libs. I do enjoy that, I have to admit it.
    So you hate the country? When the republicans succeed next time in overthrowing the government what then? You’ll stick your tongue out and say ‘Nya nya nya nya. We won! **** all y’all libs!’? Is that really what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So you hate the country? When the republicans succeed next time in overthrowing the government what then? You’ll stick your tongue out and say ‘Nya nya nya nya. We won! **** all y’all libs!’? Is that really what you want?
    No, I enjoy “sticking it to the libs” Which doesn’t mean over throwing our country’s democratic order.

No, I enjoy “sticking it to the libs” Which doesn’t mean over throwing our country’s democratic order.
    I think libs believe disagreeing with them is an attempt to overthrow democratic order. It's all about them you know.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Obviously. Not just GOP primary as you keep stating.
    He cast his votes in the Republican primary using the state's Republican ballot. You cast your votes in the Democratic primary using the state's Democratic ballot. You both voted in different primaries.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    He cast his votes in the Republican primary using the state's Republican ballot. You cast your votes in the Democratic primary using the state's Democratic ballot. You both voted in different primaries.
    The difference is that ldahl is happy to vote for a shitbag that participated in an attempted coup against this country. Frugal one did not. If ldahl can look at himself in the morning after doing such a thing than god bless him. I don’t believe in god but I’d like to think that if god actually existed he would frown on such things.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I’m voting in the GOP primary here today. For Governor, I’ll support a former Lt Gov against the Trump guy. Trump reportedly dislikes her because he saw a picture of her kid at a prom with the kid of a Wis Supreme Court Justice who didn’t vote his way on election issues. For the Senate, I’m going with Ron Johnson because he’s preferable to whoever the dog’s breakfast of Dem candidates churns up.

I have to say that overall I’m a little disappointed in this year’s primary season. It seems more chaotic and unserious than usual. Especially on the GOP side, choosing minor celebrities over veteran politicians. It looks like it could cost a few Senate seats at a time when there’s a lot of dissatisfaction with the economy and governance in general.
    what policies of Ron Johnson do you like? As I read his biography he is no dummy. But I’m unsure where he is going with his comments on social security mean. In my seventies, I have many friends who worked hard their whole lives and need SS and Medicare to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I drafted a couple of responses to frugal – one and then thought… Sigh. naw, what's the point.

Some things stand to serve as—an illustration.

But since we opened it up, Frugal-one is the only person in this discussion to limit discussion of the Wisconsin primary by using the word “just “in reference to one political party.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-10-22 at 12:14am.

I drafted a couple of responses to frugal – one and then thought… Sigh. naw, what's the point.
    Sometimes people need to be corrected so they don't keep making the same mistake over and over again, and this mistake has been made almost daily recently.

Some things stand to serve as a wonderful illustration.

But since we opened it up, Frugal-one is the only person in this discussion to limit discussion of the Wisconsin primary by using the word “just “in reference to one political party.
    Ldahl could have voted for someone other than Rojo the clown. But he didn’t. Because just like you he doesn’t give a flying **** about the fact that rojo the clown 🤡 participated in an attempt to overthrow the government. You probably voted for shit bag haha Hawley. The fascist man in the senate. Tell us about the mirror in your bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    what policies of Ron Johnson do you like? As I read his biography he is no dummy. But I’m unsure where he is going with his comments on social security mean. In my seventies, I have many friends who worked hard their whole lives and need SS and Medicare to survive.
    If you are really making the argument “Social Security is needed” then I hardly consider that an argument. It’s a broad statement of fact.

I don’t know anything about Ron Johnson’s positions but after your comment I briefly skimmed recent press about his Social Security and Medicare position, and he’s been saying the same thing consistently throughout his Senate career, that they should be a budget items. Controllable that way through congressional budget appropriations.

It appears you think he is proposing eliminating security Medicare and I don’t know why you think that. Please explain why you think that.

Thread Information