Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Primary Today

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    He cast his votes in the Republican primary using the state's Republican ballot. You cast your votes in the Democratic primary using the state's Democratic ballot. You both voted in different primaries.
    Not true here. It was one ballot and the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I drafted a couple of responses to frugal – one and then thought… Sigh. naw, what's the point.

Some things stand to serve as—an illustration.

But since we opened it up, Frugal-one is the only person in this discussion to limit discussion of the Wisconsin primary by using the word “just “in reference to one political party.
    Huh? I can only discuss WI because it is the only one I am personally familiar with.

Sometimes people need to be corrected so they don't keep making the same mistake over and over again, and this mistake has been made almost daily recently.
    Yeah, such as certain people having their head in the sand and not wanting to see reality….

[QUOTE=iris lilies;412441]If you are really making the argument “Social Security is needed” then I hardly consider that an argument. It’s a broad statement of fact.

I don’t know anything about Ron Johnson’s positions but after your comment I briefly skimmed recent press about his Social Security and Medicare position, and he’s been saying the same thing consistently throughout his Senate career, that they should be a budget items. Controllable that way through congressional budget appropriations.

It appears you think he is proposing eliminating security Medicare and I don’t know why you think that. Please explain why you think that.[/
    ……

The junior senator from Wisconsin wants to put Medicare and Social Security on the chopping block," Schumer told reporters last Wednesday, according to the Washington Post. "He would like to revoke the guarantee of Medicare and Social Security and make them discretionary. Well, you know what happens when we make things discretionary around here? All too often, they get cut or even eliminated. We don’t want to do that.”

Johnson does not support cutting the programs altogether, a spokeswoman for Johnson, Alexa Henning, told the outlet.

"The senator’s point was that without fiscal discipline and oversight typically found with discretionary spending, Congress has allowed the guaranteed benefits for programs like Social Security and Medicare to be threatened," Henning said.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I do actually like sticking it to the libs, the sanctimonious lecturing tight assed libs. I do enjoy that, I have to admit it.

Your voice has no bite since you admit to not following the news and, therefore, many times do not know what you are talking about. It makes it a waste of time even responding.

"It appears you think he is proposing eliminating security Medicare and I don’t know why you think that. Please explain why you think that."

Because discretionary spending items can be eliminated on a whim, probably.

Social Security is a program that works. We should remove the income cap, add a sliding scale for contributions, and otherwise leave it alone. Of course Republican lawmakers think SS is unnecessary, because they don't need it--and once again, the cruelty is the point.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post

***Don't know why you keep referring to this as the GOP primary? It is a primary for all!
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It’s a partisan primary. You have to choose one party ‘s ballot.
    He cast his votes in the Republican primary using the state's Republican ballot. You cast your votes in the Democratic primary using the state's Democratic ballot. You both voted in different primaries.
    Not true here. It was one ballot and the same day.
    So, are you saying that you received one ballot with both Republican and Democratic candidates and were able to pick and choose candidates from either party?
    Voting underway in Wisconsin's partisan primary. Here's everything you need to know | Govt-and-politics | kenoshanews.com
    Do I have to declare a party affiliation?

"No. Wisconsin has open primaries, meaning you don’t need to register with a particular party in order to vote in that party’s primary. You choose which primary you want to vote in when you complete your ballot."
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Your voice has no bite since you admit to not following the news and, therefore, many times do not know what you are talking about. It makes it a waste of time even responding.
    Said the person who asserted that Ruth Bader Ginsburg “put Roe through”.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Ldahl could have voted for someone other than Rojo the clown. But he didn’t. Because just like you he doesn’t give a flying **** about the fact that rojo the clown 🤡 participated in an attempt to overthrow the government. You probably voted for shit bag haha Hawley. The fascist man in the senate. Tell us about the mirror in your bathroom.
    The man in the mirror reflects on the fact that his neighbors who haven’t taken down their Trump signs yet regard him as a “”RINO”, while others dissolve into a puddle of puerile put downs if he doesn’t want to exterminate the Republican Party root and branch.

As he scrapes off his graying stubble, he decides that he can’t go far wrong enraging the rabid fringe elements of all stripes.

So, are you saying that you received one ballot with both Republican and Democratic candidates and were able to pick and choose candidates from either party?
    Voting underway in Wisconsin's partisan primary. Here's everything you need to know | Govt-and-politics | kenoshanews.com
    Do I have to declare a party affiliation?

"No. Wisconsin has open primaries, meaning you don’t need to register with a particular party in order to vote in that party’s primary. You choose which primary you want to vote in when you complete your ballot."
    That’s right. There were four parties on the ballot, but you could only vote for one party’s primary race.

Thread Information