Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mobile home communities

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Many times if you contact the community, they will have listings of people who want to rent. Some buy just for the sake of renting them out. Our landlord has 2 rentals.
    Are they running the mostly for the winter season, or are they rented year round, or?

IL.. it depends on the landlord. We rent for the season. We pay a flat fee to stay up to 7 months. Some rent by the month or just a few months (depending on what else they have going on). Obviously, most would rather rent to those that stay longer. I have not seen many in the retirement communities that rent year round but there probably are some.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    IL.. it depends on the landlord. We rent for the season. We pay a flat fee to stay up to 7 months. Some rent by the month or just a few months (depending on what else they have going on). Obviously, most would rather rent to those that stay longer. I have not seen many in the retirement communities that rent year round but there probably are some.
    How much do you pay for a seven month stay?

My other little problem with doing the two house thing is two neurotic senior cats who go ballistic at any mention of a car ride. It would mean hiring a petsitter or house sitter for several months.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    My other little problem with doing the two house thing is two neurotic senior cats who go ballistic at any mention of a car ride. It would mean hiring a petsitter or house sitter for several months.
    Oh, yikes. That is a problem.

For our crew in past years I could have gotten by with one pet sitter visit every two days, so that would work out to around $50 per months. Our cats were eating dry food.

Okay----"Mobile Home Communities"? Are they anything like a good old-fashion "Trailer Court"? I figure they offer the worst features of home ownership & renting, combined. The only thing worse is "owning", and having a HOA to contend with. Yup. 2022-07-22 (8).jpg2022-08-13.jpg

little bobby... have you lived in a senior mobile home community? If not, "figuring" doesn't cut it.

Thread Information