Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Committee member for historic house

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay----So, nobody wants to discuss this topic any more? I was just asking; otherwise if not, I'm going back to tend to my Very Important Subjects. But yeah---we resolved the issue of the location. Yup.
    I do not recognize that house as one I lived in, but I’m sure you are right.

But yeah---I would like to get on thatt committee, and make sure that thing is done right. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    But yeah---I would like to get on thatt committee, and make sure that thing is done right. Yup.
    What a marvelous idea, you would undoubtedly be right on any issue presented to the committee.

Okay---I got an idea right now I can bring to the table---knock 'er down, clean 'er up and put up a new tin building and start up a place called: "Boss Hawg BBQ", with a Dukes O' Hazzard motif. Racks o' ribs, Big thick smoked I-Wah chops, & whole smoked Memphis-Style Rotisserrie Chickins. People will get out and DRIVE from miles around, just to EAT, for something to DO. See---it'd prolly cost moren it's worth, to rehab an old place like that. Something good--like a place that serves MEAT is going to do more for Iwah and Iwah Farmers, than some decrepit old house! That I know. Yup. All in favor, say Aye. Motion Passed. Meeting Adjourned. Hope that helps you some.
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 8-30-22 at 3:02pm.

Okay---Here's one o' the Machine Shed Drive-N-Eat Restorants up in IWah. This is in Davenport. Yup. It is very patriotic, with respect to IWah drive-n-eat culture, I guess. Anyway, if I could get the dimensions of the lot that old house is standing on, we can figure out how to set another awesome and a-may-zeen restaurant on the lot, after we raze the existing structure. Yup. IWah is about Real Progress, in its own special way. Hope that helps you some.2022-08-31 (13).jpg2022-08-31 (13).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 8-31-22 at 11:54pm.

The latest update on my committee work, such as it is: the Historical Society’s key people and city inspector have toured the house and find it to be in decent shape. I live 6 hours away and didnt go on the tour.

There is apparent interest from City Council folks to purchase the house with tax dollars. Grandiose plans of re building the big old carriage house ( which previous owners destroyed from neglect) and adding an elevator are being discussed.

This first idea is dumb. This second idea about an elevator horrifies me. I now wonder if any people on this committe have actually visited an historic home the size of this one, which is to say small and not significant.

They may not ruin my old house with a frckn elevator. I will protest.

Okay---what I would suggest is that you make an offer to purchase the old Stewart Mansion, and then as an experienced preservationist/historian, restore it in the right way. Even put the old staircase from the Herman house, in it. See? Maybe you could make it into a bed-n-breakfast for people who want to drive-n-eat at the nearby Bum Steer, and then take the graaaaaandkids to adventureland carnival rides. See? I believe it would be a splendid idea. Plus, ytou could have a big-screen TV airing old episodes of Downtwon Abbyss and Mooo-veees and stuff, in the Parlour. Yup. But yeah--Go for it. Hope that helpps you some.2022-08-26 (5).jpg

Thread Information