Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so old I've...

Mrs-M

I'm so old I've...

dialed a rotary telephone before! Anyone else?

My mom got me started on this last night after she said to me, "I'm so old I've forgotten more than most people remember"! Thought it would be a fun thread to start.

I'm so old i can hear a milkman joke, and get it!

I'm so old I've... when working for attorney's I did many, many, many legal documents (wills, deeds, divorces, etc) on a typewriter - letter by letter, word by word. Each one EVERY word had to be typed and no mistakes if possible, if so the old white out was used. So great when we got word processors, then computers, to have all that boilerplate language already there after only putting it in once and just change the new info!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Shalom Poet you must remember using carbon copies then? I never realized my aging until I brought up the need to use carbon copies at a job one day and the high school student I was working with didn't have a clue what I was talking about.....gee I'm only 52.

I'm so old....that I remember going to the local convenience store to check tubes of my B&W TV, so old that my first computer program used punchcards to create a ASCII playboy bunny calendar, so old that I remember the bootstrap load address for a DEC PDP-8.

Peace

I remember using one of those hairdryers that had a plastic cap you put on your head. It had a hose that was connected to a case. I must be very old. Does anyone else remember those?

My goodness, I'm only 31 and I remember using a rotary phone. My parents had one until I was well into high school.
    I remember when vehicles had carburetors, floor vents, and push button radios, and automatic transmissions were a luxury. I still will only drive a manual

Funny thread! I'm only 28 and remember rotary phones. And phone booths. My teenage niece had no idea what my sister and I were talking about--she'd not seen one. She was like...ummm....why wouldn't someone just use a cell phone? LOL

Yeah, rotary phones aren't that ancient. I remember typewriters and carbon paper, but that was more as toys - long before my working life started.
    I remember when I could fill up my gas tank for $15 and you could buy gumballs from a machine with a penny.

I'm so old I had to learn to type to get a job--AFTER getting a 4-year college degree.
    I'm so old my mother would give me a dime to put in my bra in case I needed to call her when out with a date or friends.
    I'm so old that I would go to a neighbor's to see the Wonderful World of Disney because he was the only one on the block with a color TV. For that reason, I never got the full impact of Dorothy stepping out into MunchkinLand until I was an adult and saw the color for the first time.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information