Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: September Purge

Black eyed peas in Georgia. Black eyed peas and collards in South Carolina, we discovered when the grocery store was sold out of collards on NY's eve.
    Hoppin' John in Charleston has both of those things and in Charleston that is the tradition.
    But we were from Georgia.

My mom would always call me and ask if I remembered, because it was supposed to make you wealthy, or let you keep what money you had.

Got rid of one sweatshirt and two t-shirts.

Decided I wanted all my shirts in one drawer which meant taking my sweatshirts out of the closet to put in the drawer. Everything fit but was a tad tight so a few things had to go.

More end of season plants. My hands started blistering and my barrels are full, so time to stop for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Black eyed peas in Georgia. Black eyed peas and collards in South Carolina, we discovered when the grocery store was sold out of collards on NY's eve.
    Hoppin' John in Charleston has both of those things and in Charleston that is the tradition.
    But we were from Georgia.

My mom would always call me and ask if I remembered, because it was supposed to make you wealthy, or let you keep what money you had.
    The black-eyed peas represent coins and the collard greens represent paper money.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

A can of hairspray
    Some bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths

A couple ice packs that you use in coolers to keep things cold. We don't have any more coolers (already decluttered them a while ago) so why was I keeping the ice packs?? We do have a small round ice pack that we typically use for injuries that I will keep.

Thread Information