Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, who has the most posts?

So, who has the most posts?

Just saw Iris Lily has over 22,000 posts… winner, winner, winner???

Oh please, stop pointing out my inherent weakness which is yammering endlessly on this website.

Okay----If it weren't for posts, this forum would be like all the other discussion forums---defunct. I think the age of internet forums as we know them may've passed. For instance, if I want to know about old(1960's) Chevys, I google a question, and up comes a forum in which the majority of posts on the topic are on threads that died 10-15 years ago. And it's not that there's a lack of interest in old 1960's Chevies any more! I did have a quession about the HD truck tall deck BBC,(zillions made 1966-2006) and after much searching, I could not find a decent answer. UNTIL I ran across a web page/site or whatever by an individual who has an organized list of factoids about this engine, which is largely ignored and disdained by enthusiasts(car jock/hot rodders). But yeah--there are people on the periphery--outliers--who may have a project that uses one of these engines, who needs some VERY important information about the subject. So, I read what is essentially his blog on the subject, realized he had serious credibility, but needed additional info. Emails were welcomed, so I sent out a couple questions, which he answered right away, no charge. Problem solved; whereas I had been stymied for awhile. But, as to the actual topic, here: This board was created to cater to people who had good, middle-class incomes, who saw a problem with living large. See---lotta people with good middle-class incomes (and leisure) use their cash to make payments, i.e. debt service, on Big Stuff and Conspicuous Consumption, instead of creating wealth and assets and paying 0 interest. But, the board became other things---bickering about lefty ideology, dear abby problems, foodies, and general whining by shut-ins and non-extroverted people. Plus, a fair amount of bragging by haves. You know who you are. Plus---the wit and wisdom of people like littlebittymee. Ha. But yeah---it would help if there were more real participants. Not just yups and nopes and hair-splitters. "They" used to claim certain people were driving "everyone" away. But as I said, decline seems to be the general trend with forums, and it's unfortunate. People who can share their experiences about a particular subject with those who might have an interest but lack actual know-how, are of value. And there IS life beyond having a bigger house and a newer car and a canned vacation trip, restaurant meals, and sit-n-watch "activities", like arena sports and arena concerts and arena politics and arena religion(stuff which is big business, here). I say: "Maybe no man is an island, but he'd drown trying to live in the water". See? See? See what I mean by that? Well---you've gotta have some self-reliance. That's what I mean. Hope that helps you some.

I wish for you Bobby, a technical breakthrough to make paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    See what I mean by splitting hairs? Iris(Eddie), if you're the last one to leave, please turn off the lights. Ha. Hope that helps you some.

See---Journalism & English majors excel at spelling(with some exceptions), punctuation, grammar, sentence structure and stuff like that. But--they don't tend to have the type of mental faculties to analyze how real-world things work. Hence, you have a "liberal" media, writing the majority of everything that is published! See? Hope that helps you some. Now, go fix your lawn mower. Then, have summa them there good taters. Yup.

Thank you. Yes, the paragraph is a wonderful thing!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Ever since my technical-writing classes, I've been more careful to break up my writing to make it easier on the reader--not that I'm particularly verbose.

Okay----not that Im the spiteful type but for the time being i will remove all punctuation and and capitalization and paragraph breaks and leave all spelling errors in that way maybe you kids can appreciate what i did do, not what i didnt do see ha maybe i will only communicate here in t shirt captions yup2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Very irritating to read... so I don't. The thank me is irritating as well. As if they are superior!

Thread Information