Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbor's dumpster

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have never disposed of anything belonging to my husband without his approval. I agree that's it's inappropriate and disrespectful, although I might feel differently if I was living with an actual hoarding situation.
    I haven't either, but I also am not living in an intense hoarding situation. I'm still working towards that minimalist lifestyle, which is hard to do when living with others. But, we'll see how it goes when we actually make the move to downsize. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I have never disposed of anything belonging to my husband without his approval. I agree that's it's inappropriate and disrespectful, although I might feel differently if I was living with an actual hoarding situation.
    We can all fantacize!

I love that Dave Barry nugget. He probably thought it was hilarious, too.

Okay-----Using extreme cases to make comparisons to situations that on paper sound comparable are not, is what ideologues typically do, so I try not to be one. But, here's one for ya: 44 years ago, I went to an antique auto parts swap meet, with two older fellows. One of them picked up a model T coil for a couple of bucks, which fit in the palm of his hand. He got a little joy out of that. I, bought a pair of used, but in pretty good condition Chevy outside rear view mirrors for oh, $10, from a seller who had replaced his with brand new ones, which at the time were selling for about $45 each. When we arrived back to town and dropped the guy (with the coil he purchased) off, his chunky old wife, whom I will ever-after refer to as "Henryetta", started in on him with a scolding for bringing home "junk" that we could hear as we walked back down the driveway to leave. Yup. But yeah---I still have those mirrors on my old Chevy. Hope that helps you kids some. 2022-07-22 (8).jpg

Thread Information