Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated covid vaccine

I donít believe there is formal guidance on how long to wait. Personally I would probably wait three months post-infection to maximize the time that the vaccine will be most effective. Of the people I know who have had multiple infections none has gotten reinfected less than 3 months after recovery.

I got it, but I have to hang out at the hospital (the last time at that hospital I got lost and literally ended up wandering around the covid section) and to do caretaking (see my post about my mom's knee replacement). So otherwise I might have waited a bit to get it and not rushed, but probably would have eventually. I felt forced by circumstances and not even fun ones (to get a move on it) as I often do.

So I got the jab a week and half ago soon after it was out. Maybe not soon enough to have full effect yet, but we do what we can. It seemed milder than other jabs but still not fun in terms of symptoms. I got Moderna, because it's a better vax than Pfizer at least in theory (higher dose)

I don't think I've ever had covid. But even before covid I seldom ever even got colds.
    Trees don't grow on money

Iím glad I got it when I did. (Also got the flu shot last weekend). I got it because of two weeks of work travel coming up quickly. That has now turned into 4 weeks. The first was last week. Got home a week ago today and didnít get covid so I donít know if I just didnít encounter it (2 days spent in a crowded massive hotel ballroom) or if the shot did itís job. The week after next I start three busy weeks where Iíll be in close contact with a variety of people.

Thread Information