Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Borderland in crisis (fentanyl related)

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Borderland in crisis (fentanyl related)

As someone who genuinely loves the steppe areas of the Borderland - meaning 3500 ft altitude and above, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for US CBP. Mind boggling amounts of fentanyl have been seized lately at the DeConcini Port of Entry in Nogales, AZ.

I understand US CBP is blaming Biden for not giving them more canine units and other support. I don't know what to believe here but I do believe this fentanyl thing is getting out of hand. What do you'all think could realistically be done to address this?

Rob

That huge fentanyl bust is a credit to the Biden administration, IMO.

Yppej
    Stop all foreign deployments of the National Guard without a Congressional declaration of war. Use those people to help out at the border as well as with domestic natural disasters.

Stop reviving people with narcan and you will reduce demand and thus smuggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Stop all foreign deployments of the National Guard without a Congressional declaration of war. Use those people to help out at the border as well as with domestic natural disasters.

I can’t believe that you suggested to stop using narcan. Ugh!!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I can’t believe that you suggested to stop using narcan. Ugh!!
    It should still be used for accidental exposures by first responders, children of addicts, etc.

Yeah...wow...my daughter would maybe still be alive if someone had found her in time and gave her Narcan...

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Sickening. Shameful.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Sickening. Shameful.
    People take drugs in part because they know they will be revived. In some cases they already have been revived multiple times. This enables drug use and is a disincentive to seeking treatment. Ditto safe injection sites. Ditto free needles. Ditto letting homeless cities sprout in our major cities including human trafficking with no policing. But if I don't wear a mask because I'm the threat to society, I get fined $300 but not the junkies leaving needles all over the parks and mugging elderly people out for a walk to fund their drug habits.

The poor addicts, always the poor addicts. How about this officer who could get AIDS, hep B, or who knows what else from cleaning up their dirty needles?

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...clifford-park/

Fentanyl killed my brother in law last year. He was a well equipped user since he was able to regularly visit the county center which handed out free needles and Narcan. The last time he talked with my wife he told her he'd been revived by Narcan twice before and used that as an excuse to her as to why injecting heroin was safe since he always kept Narcan nearby. I guess he was alone the last time he shot up, he was found by one of his user friends a day or so later.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Fentanyl killed my brother in law last year. He was a well equipped user since he was able to regularly visit the county center which handed out free needles and Narcan. The last time he talked with my wife he told her he'd been revived by Narcan twice before and used that as an excuse to her as to why injecting heroin was safe since he always kept Narcan nearby. I guess he was alone the last time he shot up, he was found by one of his user friends a day or so later.
    I'm sorry, Alan. That must be horrible to lose someone to fentanyl. Truly I as sorry- I've seen fentanyl destroy lives in my not mentioning the zip code neighborhood. It's a horrible drug. Rob

Thread Information