Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: September Frugals

I found a pair of Skechers that I wanted on Amazon, half priced of what they sell for directly from the company. Very pleased!

Yppej
    Continuing my frugal hobby of attending City meetings. They locked me out of the building but I got in a back door. The conservative member of the committee was also locked out but found someone not on the committee leaving the building and got in by grabbing the door. Apparently you need a code only given to certain people. This is not the first open meeting law violation I have dealt with.

Needed a hotel room in WI for one Saturday night and then two whole weekends (Fri & Sat night) for my big diving class in a couple of weeks. Rooms near the lake we’ll be diving were almost $300. Think it’s time of year. I went 30 min away and found a room at a Microtel by Wyndham for $72 (plus tax) a night. Great price given costs these days.

I have a collapsible traveling electric kettle now. Will take some instant coffee, tea bags, sugar, and powdered creamer with me to get morning coffee in my room. Will then take bagels (from grocery store) for breakfast and get some bananas at Kwik Trip. Large convenience store/gas station with cheap and good food selections.

The instant coffee in my travel mug every morning rather than McD is saving me $3/day. Was just a matter of finding the sweet spot for how much instant coffee to use and I’ve figured that out.

Love my instant kettle, instant coffee and tea. The kettle saves me time and steps and sits ready for action right beside me. I'm enjoying Bigelow Vanilla Chai, with cream, as I type.

Yppej
    Went to another meeting and found and retrieved my good water bottle.

The lawn mower went bust today so I just ordered a new one online at Home Depot. Got an electric/battery one. I consider it a frugal purchase for a number of reasons. It is the same brand as other lawn tools we own so all the batteries are interchangeable between the tools. No more gas - especially at these prices. Military discount - which really was a decent amount in savings! Took less than 30 minutes from purchase to curbside pickup notification. (The store is 3-4 minutes away!)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    The lawn mower went bust today so I just ordered a new one online at Home Depot. Got an electric/battery one. I consider it a frugal purchase for a number of reasons. It is the same brand as other lawn tools we own so all the batteries are interchangeable between the tools. No more gas - especially at these prices. Military discount - which really was a decent amount in savings! Took less than 30 minutes from purchase to curbside pickup notification. (The store is 3-4 minutes away!)

How did it go bust?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    How did it go bust?
    I don't know! LOL. That is dh's department. But, as many times as he has resurrected the old one, he finally came in and said "It's done - we need a new lawn mower.". Some things I just don't question.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Negotiated down the price on my home heating oil delivery by 25 cents per gallon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Negotiated down the price on my home heating oil delivery by 25 cents per gallon.
    Good work!

Thread Information