Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: September Frugals

September Frugals

DH had a recent birthday, and I wanted to buy him a certain style shirt he likes from LL Bean. These are quasi-Hawaiian style, loose, cotton, short-sleeve, button-down shirts. He has a couple and wears them all the time in the summer. He's a hot, sweaty guy and these are apparently the most comfortable shirts for him in the hot weather.
    Well LL Bean was all sold out of his size, and it struck me to check on eBay. I ended up scoring 4 shirts for just about $80 total including shipping. The shirts retail for $46 each at Bean, and the ones I got from eBay were all in brand-new condition, so I got him 4 shirts for less than the retail price of 2 shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    DH had a recent birthday, and I wanted to buy him a certain style shirt he likes from LL Bean. These are quasi-Hawaiian style, loose, cotton, short-sleeve, button-down shirts. He has a couple and wears them all the time in the summer. He's a hot, sweaty guy and these are apparently the most comfortable shirts for him in the hot weather.
    Well LL Bean was all sold out of his size, and it struck me to check on eBay. I ended up scoring 4 shirts for just about $80 total including shipping. The shirts retail for $46 each at Bean, and the ones I got from eBay were all in brand-new condition, so I got him 4 shirts for less than the retail price of 2 shirts.
    I love EBay for that!

He better watch out Rosa. Some people stereotype those who wear Hawaiian shirts as Qanon etc. Wokeness has really gotten out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    He better watch out Rosa. Some people stereotype those who wear Hawaiian shirts as Qanon etc. Wokeness has really gotten out of control.
    We know and that is something we've discussed, but these are only quasi-Hawaiian, lol.

Needed to break the $3/day McD coffee habit. Did not want to buy a coffee maker as I have little counter space. I already have an electric kettle. Decided to try instant coffee. It’s really not that bad and I can adjust to my taste. It’s working out quite well. Been doing this for about the past week and a half.

The Boogaloo boys are the wannabe warriors who sport Hawaiian shirts; I'm guessing no one would confuse your husband with a member of that scabrous mob.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-the...ts-11591635085

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Needed to break the $3/day McD coffee habit. Did not want to buy a coffee maker as I have little counter space. I already have an electric kettle. Decided to try instant coffee. It’s really not that bad and I can adjust to my taste. It’s working out quite well. Been doing this for about the past week and a half.
    I like instant coffee just fine, and it would taste even better if I were saving $ drinking it.

Tradd, I thought the Bustelo instant coffee was okay when I went to visit my son who had no coffee maker.

I just have some store brand and got some Nescafé later on sale. I’ll have to try the Bustelo.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I like instant coffee just fine, and it would taste even better if I were saving $ drinking it.
    This is primarily for the morning commute.

Thread Information