Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

September Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

It was a long week with a bunch of personal stuff going on, so many of my "chores" didn't get done until this weekend. Had a busy food prep day today and managed to get breakfast and work meals made for the week. Also used up "need to use now" veggies instead of having to toss. Laundry done, bills paid and appointment for chimney sweep made.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I have a tidied computer desk!!! And a tidier dining room table...more work to do but it's in organized sets of papers.

I’m getting stuff done around my place as I’m gone up to WI for my rebreather diving class beginning this weekend. Two weekends on Sundays and then two whole weekends. Stocked up on food. Will just have to do quick runs for things like dairy and produce. Getting all other chores done that I can do ahead. Luckily with having a really small place I can do one thing an evening and not totally lose an evening.

Treated a stain on a shirt and left it on the towel rack in the bathroom for 2 months, stain removed and it went into the washer yesterday. Now it is dry, folded, and in the dresser.

Volunteering the last weekend in September/first weekend in October and leaving the area for a month a few days later. Trying to get everything done before the volunteer weekend since I want the 3-4 days in between for last minute laundry, checklists, and snack making in addition to day job stuff. On the to do list is put clothing and other items on the Buy Nothing group, organize book donations, make sure we have enough prescription medication for a week before to a week after our trip, and make sure we have enough weather appropriate clothing since the trip starts in the upper Midwest and ends on the Gulf Coast.

I will finally be out of our storage unit this month! I closed my store 16+ YEARS ago and had storage units before that. It has been a l-o-n-g haul!

NewGig

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    I will finally be out of our storage unit this month! I closed my store 16+ YEARS ago and had storage units before that. It has been a l-o-n-g haul!

NewGig
    This is major so yay for you!

Wow NewGig, what an excellent accomplishment!

Congrats, NewGig! That is quite the accomplishment!

The love seat we put out on the "magic sidewalk" is still there, so I called and scheduled a bulk pickup. Not as expensive as I anticipated, so I'm happy about that.

It also appears we have/are developing a sinkhole in the back yard - sigh. Contacted homeowners insurance to initiate a claim, so have started that ball rolling. I'm NOT looking forward to dealing with this at all. It is depressing me at the moment.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I'm happy, overwhelmed or ? This has been a goal for so long...

Next: get rid of the excess books. Both easier and harder at the same time!

HappySTuff: Sorry about the sinkhole, that's awful!

Yesterday dealt with the green and hot peppers gleaned off the plants. Today will do the same with the last of the tomato plants.

Thread Information