Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: thwarts to intellectual freedom (Biden etc.)

  1. #1
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,694

    thwarts to intellectual freedom (Biden etc.)

    Here on this thread we can note the instances of governmental censorship carried out by President Joe Biden and his minions.

    The egregious error of setting up a Ministry of Truth ( Department of Misinformation) backfired when hilariously, it was found the woman appointed to head it up pushed her own conspiracy theories. What a dunderheaded move. That effort was quickly retracted.


    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...stry-of-truth/


    Last week we learned that the White House, in trying to establish Facts and Truths, pressed .twitter to cancel Alex Berenson, a journalist who reports on, among other things, Covid news. Many of his reports are not to the liking of The White House.

    Berenson plans to sue the government. I can’t see how that will end well for him, but who knows.
    https://www.outkick.com/alex-berenso...er-to-ban-him/
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-15-22 at 7:27pm.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7,704
    I liked the quote from AOC about being factually correct versus morally right.

  3. #3
    Senior Member littlebittybobby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    790
    A guy named "Joe" didn't get into the Oval Office by chance. He's just a Josef, re-invented. See the toothy smile; plus he's much taller than the original Joe, and has ditched the "support our troops" rhetoric, & loves on everybody he can. Yup. See Photos. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.2022-09-16 (4).jpg2022-09-16 (5).jpg

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,485
    One could conclude that the government cannot be trusted to tell the truth, regards of which party. However, the big lie and climate denial are hard to top.

  5. #5
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    One could conclude that the government cannot be trusted to tell the truth, regards of which party…..
    Yes. To determine The Truth. Not the government’s job.

    This is exactly why Government censorship is creepy regardless of the party carrying it out.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,485
    If you take an issue, like the big lie for example, at some point a person has little choice but to trust one branch of the government or another to say what is true. Or we can trust the mainstream media or social media. An actual department of truth or what ever raises suspicions by it's very existence.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,521
    The mainstream media has generally been more reliable than the government. Not saying anything is perfectly reliable. Social media? Maybe, if you have a lot of ability to mentally filter information. Many people seem to lack that ability though so it's not going to work.
    Trees don't grow on money

  8. #8
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    If you take an issue, like the big lie for example, at some point a person has little choice but to trust one branch of the government or another to say what is true. Or we can trust the mainstream media or social media. An actual department of truth or what ever raises suspicions by it's very existence.
    I am not sure what the big lie is but Imthink you mean Trump’s claim of a stolen election. I have to look up most of these things. Just yestersay I was laughing to myself about the “Dark Brandon” reference going around, me thinking it refered to his Reich-like setting for his speech last week. But I am wrong, apparently “Dark Brandon” is a POSITIVE characterization of our President, hunh who knew.

    but getting off track here. Yes I *DO* want to believe government most of the time and in fact DO believe it most of the time for most of what it says on most topics. Or let’s say I believe any government talk is true from their point of view. I may not always buy i to their point of view.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,500
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here on this thread we can note the instances of governmental censorship carried out by President Joe Biden and his minions.

    The egregious error of setting up a Ministry of Truth ( Department of Misinformation) backfired when hilariously, it was found the woman appointed to head it up pushed her own conspiracy theories. What a dunderheaded move. That effort was quickly retracted.


    https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...stry-of-truth/


    Last week we learned that the White House, in trying to establish Facts and Truths, pressed .twitter to cancel Alex Berenson, a journalist who reports on, among other things, Covid news. Many of his reports are not to the liking of The White House.

    Berenson plans to sue the government. I can’t see how that will end well for him, but who knows.
    https://www.outkick.com/alex-berenso...er-to-ban-him/
    The article you referenced is just an opinion...

    I think the government should have a place to check for misinformation. All the stupid conspiracy theories that people are gullible to believe should have a place to be verified. And, no, facebook does not cut it... as someone else mentioned. trump really screwed up this country. Now people are wary to believe anything... as Hitler did to the media in Germany starting in 1934.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,521
    I suspect the lighting was deliberately playing up the dark Brandon memes, even though they say it was a lighting error. Anyone making a big deal out of that needs something better to do.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •