Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weird, I think we had a theft!

Okay---but they may be family heirlooms, so to speak. Passed down several generations. To anyone else, they may be just scrap metal. See?

Prop crimes here in my older big city hood are out of control. You can't even leave a stroller on your front porch. Everyone has cameras now but I'm not sure they deter anything if their is no enforcement or punishment.

Prop crimes here in my big city older hood are out of control. You can't even leave anything of value on your front porch. Everyone has cameras now but I'm not sure they deter anything if their is no enforcement or punishment. There are a lot of homeless vagrants wandering around close by that steal things too.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Property crimes have skyrocketed where I live over the past year or so.

Until quite recently here, nobody bothered to lock their cars or homes.
    It is probably because there are no jobs to be had. No jobs! No one can get work!

We can’t really blame these poor people who have to steal to feed their families.

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Probably, it is the act of someone known to you, who has an annoying quirk--sticky fingers…
    As much as I hate little Bobby to be right, the thief is someone you know (assuming the skillets really are gone.)

And, there will likely be more thefts.

Remember Marie in Breaking Bad and her weird klepto habit? Yeah, that kind of thing.

Okay---I just retrieved a case history from my memory files, the other day when I found an online death notice on Legacy or Echovita of someone I knew OF, but not personally, from that littlebittytown WAAAY up north in the middle o' nowhere. I follow the NEWSPAPER obits, but there had not been one published for that person, which was odd, because back in the days, they used to do human-interest stories on her about a particular activity she enjoyed. Which, it turns out, the family of the publisher also enjoyed. But see--they have since moved on, by selling the publication. But yeah---back then, I was discussing the person with a close relative who shared in a low whisper that that person was regarded as a bit quirky because they also had a reputation for filching exquisite little things from hosts' homes when she was attending gatherings, therein. See? A klepto, maybe? The person was a pro who knew what stuff was worth, too. But, I can't feel comfortable disclosing anything more. That's basically all I know, for sure. Hope that helps you kids some. Thankk mee..
    Last edited by littlebittybobby; 12-18-22 at 10:12am.

Kay, I want to know if this turned out to be a theft. Did you find the items later?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Kay, I want to know if this turned out to be a theft. Did you find the items later?
    Yes. It's too embarrassing to report where.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Yes. It's too embarrassing to report where.
    Hah ok! Well that mystery is solved.

This thread reminds me that I heard a rumor that the Queen Mother of England, Queen Elizabeth‘s mother, was known to take small items from his homes she stayed in. It was considered a badge of honor and a badge of good taste by the homeowners when queen mom stole something from them.

Thread Information