Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane coming- people going nuts.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Alan I agree. Obviously leaving at 4am you avoided a lot of the chaos. Even if it does not hit we will have torrential rain and possible tornadoes as the right side of a hurricane can spawn them. I lived in the Atlantic coast a few miles from the ocean but we were quite a bit above sea level. Those storm surges can wreak a lot of Havoc. Hurricane Michael and Sandy devastated large areas. Around a year after Michael we went through the area on our way north and yards had downed trees and there were still lots of tarps on roofs. Florida has been replacing a lot of major power poles with concrete ones. Many areas like mine have large areas with underground utilities which helps.

Also, there are a lot of retention ponds and they are being emptied by running sprinklers on golf courses and road meridians. There are lots of retention ponds all over. Except for places that may soon be underwater if sea rising continues, Florida has updated a lot of preparations for storms.

I have to say although I don’t care for DeSantis because I don’t like some of his policies, he is taking charge. He held a news conference and was clear, articulate and explained what he was doing. He has activated National Guard, and is working with county and city governments to get ready. He has declared a state of emergency for the entire state. During the pandemic I had little faith in Trump but DeSantis instills confidence and is very articulate. What you want in a leader.

I wonder how people will react when Putin drops his first nuke?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I will be comforted by the belief that he'll be obliterated in the counter-attack--in the impregnable fortress he fled to when things got a little hot in Moscow. He's a black hole of evil, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    I have to say although I don’t care for DeSantis because I don’t like some of his policies, he is taking charge. He held a news conference and was clear, articulate and explained what he was doing. He has activated National Guard, and is working with county and city governments to get ready. He has declared a state of emergency for the entire state. During the pandemic I had little faith in Trump but DeSantis instills confidence and is very articulate. What you want in a leader.

He is another trump who was definitely NOT a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    . I grew up in a huge navy town. I remember at Christmas they would decorate all the ships in port with lights. Except the years they felt Russia was too much of a threat. Then there were the fallout drills we had in grade school when we hid under our desks. That would have been effective. I hope with all my heart he does not start anything.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    [/B]

He is another trump who was definitely NOT a leader.
    Maybe, but he is facing a crisis head on and not flying to Cancun.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Maybe, but he is facing a crisis head on and not flying to Cancun.
    Head on? He turned tail as soon as the mobilizations/demonstrations started and is hiding out at an "impregnable fortress," that's one of his eight residences far, far from Moscow. What a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Head on? He turned tail as soon as the mobilizations/demonstrations started and is hiding out at an "impregnable fortress," that's one of his eight residences far, far from Moscow. What a guy.
    I believe she was referring to our future President, Ron DeSantis.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I believe she was referring to our future President, Ron DeSantis.
    Oh dear. As Emily Litella would say "Never mind." But hey, Putin and DeSantis are only different by degree.

"Strongmen," like 3rd world tin-pot dictatorships always produce.

Thread Information