Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Fall Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hana: Sounds like you have been very productive and busy - you deserve a nap!

As far as libraries go, most of the books I read are from the library these days, and more than half are from inter-library loan. I usually request 3 at a time, and they come in pretty quickly (probably less miles are involved than in some other parts of the country). I need to pick up the books within 5 days of their arrival, so if I was strategic about it, I could get them all in one trip. I live very close to the library though, so it's a nice walk and someplace we drive by all the time, so it could hardly be more convenient.
    Do they all have the same due date? These books from interlibrary loan I mean.

Check if the library has a reciprocity agreement with other library systems in the area. I have library cards for every library system in the DC area since they all have agreements with each other. It was super easy, I asked at the check out desk and showed my ID and agreed to follow the rules and walked out with a shiny new library card.

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    Check if the library has a reciprocity agreement with other library systems in the area. I have library cards for every library system in the DC area since they all have agreements with each other. It was super easy, I asked at the check out desk and showed my ID and agreed to follow the rules and walked out with a shiny new library card.
    Right. In some situations you need a card for each library system. In others, you can use one card across several systems.

My former place of employment, a city library, recently merged with the big nearby library system further cementing a long standing reciprocal borrowing system. One card will now work with those many library branches with loan periods and fine structures standardized.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Do they all have the same due date? These books from interlibrary loan I mean.
    The due dates are set according to the date I pick the books up. As an aside, a stack of library books with due dates is the single best tool I've found to help me reduce my screen time. Due dates are also kind of a false urgency, since overdue fines are not particularly onerous (about 10 cents per day). I'm seldom reading brand-new books, so I usually have no trouble renewing them if necessary. If I do check out a newer, high-demand book I just prioritize and read that one first (more out of concern for others on the wait list than concern about the fine).

Lost more weight - have three pounds to go on my fall goal, which will get me within the normal range for my height.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Lost more weight - have three pounds to go on my fall goal, which will get me within the normal range for my height.
    That is fantastic, Jeppy!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That is fantastic, Jeppy!
    TY. For winter challenge I might tackle caffeine.

Catch up on laundry done
    3 boxes or rearrange stuff from storage unit temporarily taking up space in my living room 1 of 3
    Put away summer stuff in progress
    Victory dance while looking at the once again clear guest room bed I wish
    Think about how to organize the bookshelves progress
    No screen day November and possibly December scheduled for 11/25
    Tote bags for nieces fabric and notions procured
    Organize yarn collection not yet

Pulled up the duvet and threw a bunch of smaller boxes and bags into a suitcase and sorted them in the living room. Counting it as 1 box for challenge purposes. Going over the summer clothing to see if it's worth saving for next year. Stuff that never made it out of the bin is in the donate box. Going to bring up the seasonal clothing bin up tonight and pull winter clothes tomorrow. Guest bed now a staging area for holiday gifts (long story) and things that need to go to the storage unit. Bookshelf thoughts is sort genre then author then series with the realization that some authors might need a whole bookshelf. No screen day scheduled for 11/25 since Thanksgiving and the Saturday after will be all day football. Added a couple of things to the list

Good progress, Hana!
    The storm doors are done and some of the yard cleanup, although that is ongoing. These things were also done by DH, but I'll take some credit for being encouraging and appreciative! I've started emptying the annual container plants, since they finally succumbed to frost. I'm going to procrastinate - um - hold off - on eBay listings until after the holidays, since 'tis the season to avoid the post office if at all possible.

Awesome Yppej!! Losing weight is difficult.

Thread Information