Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Camper suggestions and recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    would your neighbors let you put up something this big?

ttps://vermont.craigslist.org/tro/d/east-calais-2007-camper/7538244161.html

It's 2000 dollars.
    Sorry, the link did not work. It's 32 feet and very roomy.

Tybee, you just omitted the leading "h" in the link. If you add it, then we can see the camper.

We have used ours for guests. I wish we had a way to get it into our backyard but it won't make the corner without taking out a pear tree that has been tried and true. If I had a way to cover it I would. Leaks are always a concern. You can get cold weather packages for them. We have no way to empty the black water here so it has to wait until we can get to a dump station. I do love that it provides extra comforts that a spare bedroom does not. We can set it up for them to have coffee the next morning and it has a TV and stereo system. Heck..... I have often just gone out to sit in it and do art projects.

Tybee, thank you for the link. The price is amazing. The town is only about an hour or so away. But that is WAY too big!! .

Alan, your Minnie is also too big for me. Our neighbors next door had one, and it was pretty nice. But the MicroMinnie is something I would consider if it were cheaper. It seems too new to have many used ones out there at good prices.
    https://www.winnebago.com/models/pro...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'd also consider an Airstream Bambi or Caravan, if I could get a used one at a decent price.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Is 21 feet too big?
    https://vermont.craigslist.org/rvs/d...534296946.html

In my experience, the Bambi's are incredibly expensive when you can find them--but check the airstream forum, it's great.
    Also, a Casita or a Scamp would be my first choice. Also incredibly hard to find and the prices have shot way up.

I love Airstreams; I think they are adorable.
    If it weren't against our local zoning laws, I would get one of these set up in our driveway and move my mother in. That would be perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I love Airstreams; I think they are adorable.
    If it weren't against our local zoning laws, I would get one of these set up in our driveway and move my mother in. That would be perfect!
    Check with your local zoning board--those ADU laws are being changed all over the country, due to need and demand.
    Last edited by JaneV2.0; 9-29-22 at 4:33pm.

Do you really need plumbing out in a camper used for guests? They need a bed to sleep in and maybe a place to escape for a bit, a place that’s temperature controlled.

Don’t you really just need heating and cooling? And then for Vermont you don’t really need cooling, right? I think it’s fairly easy to get electricity to a unit for heat and lights.

Can’t they use your bathroom in the few times they need to use the bathroom? They can shower and brush their teeth once in the morning, and that’s it. For the boys and men, they just flip out the equipment and urinate behind the trailer, it’s not a big deal. You are out in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Do you really need plumbing out in a camper used for guests? They need a bed to sleep in and maybe a place to escape for a bit, a place that’s temperature controlled.

Don’t you really just need heating and cooling? And then for Vermont you don’t really need cooling, right? I think it’s fairly easy to get electricity to a unit.

Can’t they use your bathroom in the few times they need to use the bathroom? They can shower and brush their teeth once in the morning, and that’s it. For the boys and men, they just flip out the equipment and urinate behind the trailer, it’s not a big deal. You are out in the country.
    There are handy little products women can use to the same effect, though they might take a little practice,

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    For the boys and men, they just flip out the equipment and urinate behind the trailer, it’s not a big deal. You are out in the country.
    I know of women who can go in the out of doors without much hesitation. It would be a shame not to share the freedom of it based on gender alone.

Thread Information