Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: October Purge

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh Rosa, that is just great that you can pass on those items to your niece. It’s always nice when we can pass on belongings of a previous generation to a younger generation who wants them.
    Thanks, IL. It was very satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Thanks, IL. It was very satisfying.
    That is wonderful, Rosa, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    That is wonderful, Rosa, well done!
    Thanks, Tybee. It did make me think of you passing treasures along to your grandkids!

I’m not counting, but I dropped of a box of Knick-naps and other “good stuff” at the thrift store that supports the local animal rescue.

Every time I ask my daughter if she is interested in xyz, she says, “Mom, I’m interested in you donating it.” LOL I appreciate that she can tell me honestly, and not take things out of guilt or obligation. She did appreciate copies of photos of her with her stepdad when she was little.

Got rid of a medium sized mixing bowl after I realized that the only reason I was keeping it was because my other medium mixing bowl was used for popcorn. But I rarely ever eat popcorn so why am I saving it for only popcorn?

Did some more decluttering today:
    2 towels and 2 washcloths
    1 fitted sheet and 2 pillowcases

Pulled out two sweaters this morning and put them in the donate box. Don't love them or need them. Also put a quarter zip from my husband's closet in the donate box - it's too small for him at this point.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Got rid of the Halloween decor that was on my list to declutter. Decided to just get rid of them now instead of waiting until after Halloween. I also got rid of a garland and a wreath and a pillow. Four trash bags full of stuff. To fill in the gaps of the missing Halloween items. I put the Fall decor I had taken down back up. 99% of my Fall decor was still up anyway.

Put away my Halloween decor so I could put up my Thanksgiving decor. Got rid some some more pieces of decor that I no longer wanted or would not be using for decorating my tiered tray.

Thread Information