Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: October Purge

October Purge

I gave away two bars of soap that I didn't want via our Facebook gifting page. I have a tube of sunscreen on the way out the door too, but that person hasn't picked it up yet. It's a great resource for gifting things that wouldn't be suitable for traditional thrift store donations (e.g. a mostly full tube of expensive sunscreen).

I'm giving a quarter-zip to my son. It's my husband's, but it's too small from him right now. Adding to the bag for son are 2 bottles of ketchup that I overbought and a bottle of Pink Whitney vodka that I bought because my DIL wanted to use it for their wedding "signature drink." Ended up not going that route. It's too sweet for me, so they can enjoy it. Also found 3 dishwashing gloves under the sink that i'll never use, so tossed them.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

T-shirts. I counted way too many that have been in the too good to be threw pile yet saved for working outside. But there are just too many since they don't hold up well, ie stains and pills.

A planter and some Halloween lights that I have been trying to make work for a few years and just can't find a good place to use them.

T-shirts that husband and oldest never wear as well as some Winter gear (hats, scarves, gloves) that no one used last year.

Edit... just found two pairs of dress pants (oldest son's) that can go.

Yesterday I toured our garage with DH, planning what pieces of furniture we will set out on the curb in the first week of November for bulk pick up. Then, there will be another batch that we load into his truck and take to Goodwill.

It won’t be a lot of things to go to either place, but it’ll be a move towards cleaning out our garage so that I can park my convertible in it for the winter.

Our garage is full of furniture because we haven’t moved it all into this house because it will just be in the way while DH finishes walls. Garage looks like this:

B5796CE1-546A-4D56-A684-70D7DF2337FA.jpg

Three pairs of jeans because unfortunately, I had to go up a size.

Right now, I have a list of a little over a handful of seasonal/holiday decor I plan on decluttering. This is huge for me because I love seasonal/holiday decor so to get rid of anything is rare. But having it out right now, I've realized that I don't like some stuff as much as I did years ago when I bought it. A couple things were gifts that my SIL bought for me because she has the same types of items and thought I'd enjoy them. I did for a while but not so much now. The rest of the stuff, I bought, loved, but now it's time to get rid of it. I plan on keeping the items until Halloween is over and I pack everything away until next year. Certain items just won't make another appearance next year.

Some of the items on the list are:
    seasonal placemats
    a large Halloween lantern
    Halloween village train, lab, and car dealership
    multi-seasonal block decor
    Sunflower wreath

As part of the seasonal closet cleanout, we are getting rid of the following:
    3 of DH's shirts
    3 of my shirts
    3 pairs of my pants
    2 of my hoodies
    3 tote bags

I filled my car for a trip to the thrift store but unfortunately it was my friend’s stuff. I needed to get his apartment in assisted living empty so his estate doesn’t get charged for a additional month of rent. It’s been a awful 2 weeks first sitting with him daily and now this. Thankfully I was able to give his furniture to the aides who took care of him. It was all new 8 months ago. Technically they aren’t supposed to accept gifts from residents but no one is telling.

Thread Information