Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work asking for ideas to be more “green”

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Priority parking for car poolers. Charging stations for e-vehicles. Roof-top solar or rooftop gardens. Employee vegetable gardens. Zero landfill and net zero CO2 emissions goals. Rewards incentives for green ideas that get used. Low flow water fixtures.
    No one car pools. Not close enough or don’t have schedules that match. We’re in an office condo complex. No charging stations, no room for gardening. No one has an EV. The only ones would could afford it would be the executives/owners and they already get priority parking spots anyway. One of the other businesses in the complex tried to add solar and the association refused to allow it. Haven’t been able to determine why.

Iris, they do have a nice coffee machine. Ceramic cups are provided if you don’t have your own. There’s a dishwasher in the kitchen so that part is easy.

Someone else mentioned the copier/printers. They have an energy saver feature and go to sleep (display off) when not in use. There’s a button you have to hit in the morning to wake them up.

Ditch or downsize the physical office and institute work from home. That's pretty much my answer for all workplace issues.

Ditch or downsize the physical office and institute work from home. That's pretty much my answer for all workplace issues.
    Where it's possible it has to be the biggest environmental impact, avoiding commutes 5 times a week by everyone. No recycling the paper is going to compare. But yea if you take that one off the table, what's left is small stuff.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Where it's possible it has to be the biggest environmental impact, avoiding commutes 5 times a week by everyone. No recycling the paper is going to compare. But yea if you take that one off the table, what's left is small stuff.
    I can see how that might adversely affect the economy with people staying close to home, avoiding fast food and coffee outlets, parking charges, auto repairs, insurance, and stress clinics...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I wish. Ain’t gonna happen. I had 8 months of working from home. While it was nice during the worst of Covid, I kinda like being in the office. Definitely makes a lot of stuff easier. Just wish I didn’t have the 45 min commute each way.

Have an outside company do an energy audit. A good manager may have already done this since it often results in cost savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Have an outside company do an energy audit. A good manager may have already done this since it often results in cost savings.
    That’s a good one and easily doable!

The office manager told me today that she’s noticed she’s ordering less paper, so that’s one thing!

I would look to ways that fit with what you do. Look for greener methods to provide your service to the customer. Often greener is also more economical.

Thread Information