Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pumping the brakes

Catherine, I agree about the principle you are so beautifully writing about here--it makes me want to start over, housewise, since the floors are what drive me insane with this house and nothing is easily fixable. My next house, level floors. Which probably eliminates all old houses in Maine.

In an attempt to keep me honest about not buying any more holiday/seasonal decor, I uninstalled all my decor apps off my phone. Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Kohls, Target, and Etsy... all gone. Out of sight is hopefully out of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Catherine, I agree about the principle you are so beautifully writing about here--it makes me want to start over, housewise, since the floors are what drive me insane with this house and nothing is easily fixable. My next house, level floors. Which probably eliminates all old houses in Maine.
    I wonder if I would like your uneven floors? It is possible, remember that I was unhappy with our $$$$ flooring because it is TOO perfect! I am now ok with it but wish it was a lesser grade of wood, and had some patina.

isn’t the material something that is lovely? Seems like you have shown them to us.

There is always something to ruminate about in our houses. Today I am nagging DH about the slightly askew switch panel in my otherwise perfect tiny bathroom. DH has done such a great job at laying tile work that this is the only thing leaping out at me. He blames our contractor’s construction crew for setting the box unevenly. Ok whatever, but The only ffix can think of is to paint the switch plate the same color as the wall so that it sinks in. He’s not happy about that option.

Oh, also today—-this fking deck which already looks like shxt (only months old) needs to be stained and sealed. DH refuses to hire someone to do it. Ugh.

Honestly, I just feel lucky to have broached the topic with him of leaf guards on our gutters and he agreed. Within three days I had a leaf guard company out covering our gutters. Whatever I can contract out is what I want to do.

Thread Information