Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Social Security Projection Down

I tried to switch from a F plan to a G plan to save 50/month.The only difference in the plans is that the F plan means that your medigap plan can’t charge you the 233/ year deductible. It was open enrollment but in Nevada you can switch plans anytime. I did a ton of research and found out that I can change my plan the month of my birthday because Nevada has a birthday rule without passing underwriting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I tried to switch from a F plan to a G plan to save 50/month.The only difference in the plans is that the F plan means that your medigap plan can’t charge you the 233/ year deductible. It was open enrollment but in Nevada you can switch plans anytime. I did a ton of research and found out that I can change my plan the month of my birthday because Nevada has a birthday rule without passing underwriting.
    Interesting about the birthday clause. Lots of “gotchas” in this Medicare game.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Jeppy I did a little bit of poking around the Internet and saw no reason that your benefit, estimated though it is, would have gone down. I think when you get your pin you can get into your account and I bet you’ll find it didn’t go down. I hope. Do let us know because this is really weird.

Only thing I can think of is that when the SS employee ran your estimated amount, she ran it a though you stop working today. That would be using your current salary as your highest salary. The online estimator projects you to keep working and your income to keep going up to age 67, 68, 69 etc.

And I do not think that you visiting a government employee in person at an SS office would’ve helped anyway. They are programmed to do XY Z and you’re asking them about E. They won’t be able to grok it.
    I think she did run it as if I would never work another day in my life, because I got the PIN and my estimated benefits are the same. They didn't go down, and they didn't go up as they usually do in November. However, when on the long holds with SSA their looped recording was saying COLA's won't be in place until December, so maybe if I check again then I will see an increase. It always gives me a little hope when I do that I may actually be able to retire someday. If you listen to financial planners they say everyone needs millions or at least a million dollars which I will never get to.

Yppej
    Checked again and the annual update I was expecting came through, and my projected benefits are now up.

Hard to tell what costs will be then for the Medicare not covered by what I've paid in (Parts B, D etc) but assuming it's not more than I'm currently paying for gas and car maintenance with my long commute, I expect to be able to retire a year earlier now than I previously projected. I am now below the 1 million minute mark on my workometer.

Nice!

Thread Information